Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had to cancel :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I couldn't get qualified due to some past issues on our credit report that we are working to resolve, my client advisor and finance guy were very helpful with trying to get me qualified... But in the end I'm getting a refund...

Better news, we bought a rav4 ev on lease ... Which theyre practically giving away right now. Electrician came in and dropped a 14-50 port in the garage today, been trickling with 120 in the meantime. Great car.

What deal did you get on the lease?

I've been looking at the RAV4 EV for over a year now, and the purchase deals are not nearly as good as February/March of 2013. And the lease deals aren't as good as Summer/Fall 2013 when they first introduced the unlimited mile lease.

Well, you have to act now because there isn't many left.. They've been discontinued. 17,500 in incentives... dealer took 4k off list price... unlimited mile 3 year lease.. 3 year lease qualifies you for the CARB and for me San Juaquin valley incentive.. You'll be eligible for 2,500 in state CARB subsidy.. I am getting 5,500 due to SJAPCD

With a trade in the payment is 260... Drives great.. love it.

Buy out at end of lease is 18k

- - - Updated - - -

haven't decided if I'm going to get the JESLA charger, or maybe the 30a clipper creek... I'm a lil conflicted.. I do like that CC is UL/ETL...BTW bought @ Autonation in hayward.

haven't decided if I'm going to get the JESLA charger, or maybe the 30a clipper creek... I'm a lil conflicted.. I do like that CC is UL/ETL...BTW bought @ Autonation in hayward.

I can't speak to the quality of the JESLA, but I can tell you that my experience with Clipper Creek products is that they do not fail. They haven't taken shortcuts on anything. And if you look around the forum, you'll see similar sentiments from others. They could be the poster child for 'best practice'.

Well, you have to act now because there isn't many left.. They've been discontinued. 17,500 in incentives... dealer took 4k off list price... unlimited mile 3 year lease.. 3 year lease qualifies you for the CARB and for me San Juaquin valley incentive.. You'll be eligible for 2,500 in state CARB subsidy.. I am getting 5,500 due to SJAPCD

With a trade in the payment is 260... Drives great.. love it.

Buy out at end of lease is 18k

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many of those incentives would still qualify if registered in NV. I know CA has the cars...

I wonder how many of those incentives would still qualify if registered in NV. I know CA has the cars...
All the incentives are in CA only. The biggest one is the lease incentive of $17,500 from Toyota. You must show residency and register the car in CA to get it. You also must keep the car registered in CA for all three years to get the CA $2,500 rebate. If you don't they will go after you for a pro-rated return of the rebate.

Wow! Congratulations! I wish I knew about that deal a month ago. My girlfriend just bought an ICE. We live in Brentwood 20 miles from San Joaquin Valley. She has credit issues too but $260 a month is a great deal! It's a shame Toyota couldn't make a go of the RAV4 EVs.

Wow! Congratulations! I wish I knew about that deal a month ago. My girlfriend just bought an ICE. We live in Brentwood 20 miles from San Joaquin Valley. She has credit issues too but $260 a month is a great deal! It's a shame Toyota couldn't make a go of the RAV4 EVs.

Great deal indeed! $260 includes a trade, if I'm assuming correctly though, but I wonder what the $$ is without.

Congrats! I like the RAV and would have seriously considered one if they sold them in Arizona. I actually have a JESLA I could sell you at a fair price. It worked great with my LEAF and Volt, but since we've gone down to the Roadster and Model S, I don't have much of a need for it anymore.

PM me if you're interested.

We were _this_ close to buying a Rav4 EV and having it shipped up here to WA, if only Toyota (or Tesla) would service them outside CA.

It's the perfect size (small), form factor (CUV), range (at least 100 real miles), and price (<$50k) for what my wife wants. I would have been happy to have one sitting in our garage. It would probably have seen more use than the Tesla, doing double duty for her commute during the week and grocery getting and kiddo hauling on the weekend. Alas... sigh.

Congrats, and good call. And enjoy the freedom of filling up at your own home!

It's about $330 for unltd miles.
Great deal indeed! $260 includes a trade, if I'm assuming correctly though, but I wonder what the $$ is without.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how i look at this:
Ok, so 50k... Ya that's what it starts at.. So I'm leasing it.

The dealer dropped it to 48.3k

Your capitalized depreciation (Leased amount) for my unlimited mileage lease is $29k... (meaning 19k to buy it at end of lease)...they give you a 17.5k Cash bonus, which I applied to the lease.. So that puts you at 11.5k to finance on the lease... I traded in my rav for 6k, so that puts it at 5.5k... Here's the kicker

It's eligible for the 2.5k California air resources board Rebate, which is a check in the mail... (Because leases over 36 months are eligible).. Then I also now live in the San Joaquin Valley, which makes me eligible for the San Joquin Valley Air Pollution Control Districts 3k rebate.. So my total NET COST for the 3 year lease is 0k... Without accounting for gas savings
Practically FREE!

The money factor on the lease was very minimal.. so in the end this car is FREE

- - - Updated - - -

$279/month + $4,500 due at signing, according to this: Toyota Rav4 EV 2014 | Electric Crossover SUV
12k miles lease.

The money factor on the lease was very minimal.. so in the end this car is FREE
...after you gave them your $6,000 car. So, maybe you could say it was a "Free Upgrade". Then you have to give it back in 3 years or give them another $18-19k.

No money down, no trade, you can get these for less than $475 x 35 monthly payments. Rebates like CA $2,500 and other regional rebates like the San Joaquin one above are cash in your pocket. Dianne @ Carson Toyota is the one to talk to. She ships all over the state and even sells an occasional used one out of state. There are several owners in WA, one or two in CO, two in PA, one in NJ, at least one in NY and those are just the ones I know of from the MyRAV4EV forum. Head over there if you really want the scoop on the RAV4 EV.