Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The iPhone app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, now that some of us apparently have cars in transit, should we not be able to download the app? I can't find it on the app store and it is not on my dashboard. Any one with knowledge about this in the USA or Europe, please respond.
FWIW, it appears that it wasn't available in Hong Kong until a few days after the first deliveries. I'd look in that forum for more specifics.

If you have an US iTunes account you can install it and put in your Tesla account details, would be interesting to see when it's connected through to the car - might be a while before it's available in the Aus store, these things take a while to get approved.

Well, now that some of us apparently have cars in transit, should we not be able to download the app? I can't find it on the app store and it is not on my dashboard. Any one with knowledge about this in the USA or Europe, please respond.

Even if you could download it, I think the car comes with remote access off. Someone who has taken delivery can confirm?

Even if you could download it, I think the car comes with remote access off. Someone who has taken delivery can confirm?

For me, Remote Access started working about 6 hours after delivery. I was told to wait up to 48 hours.

I checked on delivery, and the Mobile Access was turned on. I guess it takes them some time (after delivery) to provision the car to your account.

It was weeks after deliveries first started in Hong Kong until the mobile App was available in the Hong Kong App store. I just used the US store (it is a free App, so that is trivial). That said, installing the App without a car provisioned to your account is completely useless - you can't get past the login screen.

I would says the cars don't have the sims installed. until they arrive.
I wouldn't bet on that. The HK cars are using SIM from a European provider, data roaming in HK. So, SIM likely installed in the factory. As markwj said, there is some provisioning process in delivery that must be completed before the car is completely tied to your Tesla account.

Not so sure on the first two points (first is completely erroneous and second varies so could be 6 months or longer depending on deal between Tesla and the carrier and you'd hope would take less than three months from factory to activation anyway) but it would very likely be prohibitively expensive to roam from an international carrier in Australia rather than just use Optus or Telstra

p.s. I suspect this would be installed and provisioned in Oz anyway as this would need to be a serviceable item

Last edited: