Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield Stress Fracture (and with tinting) - cracked :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hand washing my car today and noticed a slight crack on the passenger side of the windshield. It's small and is located in the black area of the glass and is about 4-5 inches long and in about 6-8 inches from the lower right corner of the windshield.

I'm going to bring it into the Service Center sometime in the next few days so they can take a look at it.

Question: has anyone had a stress fracture in their windshields and also had tinting installed? I'm wondering if anyone has had Tesla pay for the replacement of tinting.

A technician stopped by the house yesterday morning to take a look at it. He said it appears that it is a scratch and not a crack, which is good. I'm waiting for a call-back from the SC manager though to discuss if there's a potential for the scratch to turn into a crack, just knowing that the windshields can suffer from stress fractures. My ask will be that if it ever develops into a crack that it is replaced.