Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$76 for gas last night...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... and I'm going to have to do it again tomorrow.

I can't WAIT for my Model S!

Delivery 7 November.

My daily commute is short so between now and my scheduled delivery date of September 12th (assuming no delays ::::Knock on Wood::::) I will probably only have to fill up 1 or 2 times more at most. I'm sure I'll be thinking "Could this be the last time I ever need to fill my car at a gas station?!?". It's a great thought.

Good luck with your wait!!! I hope it flies by in a happy haze of anticipation....

I'm in worse shape as I'm not getting delivery until late December (my request due to pending move back to Orlando).

I've calculated I will visit gas stations ~ 11 times, use 170 gallons, and spend $700.

Can't wait to plug in to energize my car.

Honestly, as much as it is discussed, I still think that one of the most underrated things about driving a MS is skipping the gas stations. I've been driving mine for only about 3 months now, and I've found this aspect to be so psychologically satisfying. My local Costco has the gas station by the entrance, and every time I make a Costco run now a huge smile crosses my face as I drive by the gas station line.

Honestly, as much as it is discussed, I still think that one of the most underrated things about driving a MS is skipping the gas stations. I've been driving mine for only about 3 months now, and I've found this aspect to be so psychologically satisfying. My local Costco has the gas station by the entrance, and every time I make a Costco run now a huge smile crosses my face as I drive by the gas station line.

It's one of the things I'm eagerly anticipating, especially if I have friends that are with me that still have to buy gas. :cool:

after two years, I can tell you it's really cool to not even know how much gas costs (and to not even care!). Friends were talking about "how expensive gas is," and I wasn't able to join the conversation due to ignorance.. good stuff

I share your pain! I go to the gas station 3 times a week spending at least $60 a pop. It kills me! I can't wait for my Model S to arrive. I have 27 days, 20 hours and 40 minutes until delivery but hey.....I'm not counting or anything.

S85 | Ordered: 21-June-2014, Confirmed: 24-June-2014, Delivery 18-Sep-2014

We have taken trips the past couple of weekends and the lines at the gas stations on the PA and NJ Turnpikes are just crazy. It felt so nice passing-by those and not having to deal with that. I basically was laughing at those people. I have had my Model S for about ten weeks and neither I nor my wife have bought gas since then. She filled-up her GMC Acadia right before we took delivery and she's been driving the S too so the Acadia just sits in the garage. It has been out a couple of times but still has 3/4 of a tank. It's a lease that has 2 years left on it. I might have to buy it at the end of the lease and sell it because I'm sure it'll be worth more than the residual due to the low miles it will have on it. I hope to get a Model X around that time. Great stuff.

$76 is what I have to pay for enough diesel to get TO town....and the same amount to get back home (a fair amount more, in that there's a lot of elevation, plus $1,000 of Costco groceries &c). About this time of year always come the moans and groans about how far away the end of the season is. THIS year, it takes the form of Jenny saying, after the latest town-run, "Bet you can't wait to get back in the Tesla!"

How right she is. Soon! Soon! Soon!

$76 is what I have to pay for enough diesel to get TO town....and the same amount to get back home (a fair amount more, in that there's a lot of elevation, plus $1,000 of Costco groceries &c). About this time of year always come the moans and groans about how far away the end of the season is. THIS year, it takes the form of Jenny saying, after the latest town-run, "Bet you can't wait to get back in the Tesla!"

How right she is. Soon! Soon! Soon!

Some day, Audie, you'll be making that trip in your old Tesla, that you show to other people at Superchargers through the Yukon and Alaska. Some day.