Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Meet-up following the Lake City Supercharger ribbon-cutting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Larry Chanin

President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts
Aug 22, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
As you may be aware a new Supercharger Stations is nearing completion in Lake City, Florida (near the intersection of I-75 & I-10). It will be in the parking lot of the Lake City Firehouse Subs so its address will be close to 2929 W US Highway 90.

We are considering the feasibility of a club meet-up at a local restaurant following the Supercharger ribbon-cutting ceremony. Tesla has these events on weekdays usually at 10:00 am. We don't yet know the date of the ribbon-cutting, but I wanted to get a rough idea regarding the level of interest in attending a weekday event.

If we don't receive adequate notice from Tesla to organize a meet-up following the the ribbon-cutting ceremony we will consider organizing a meet-up at a nearby restaurant on a weekend after the Supercharger Station is operational.

Since our membership is thin up north, I have also contacted my counterpart for the Tesla Motor Fans - Atlanta club and asked him to poll his membership to see if they would be interested in joining us.

So, to assist us in our pre-planning I would appreciate it if you could respond to this posting and indicate whether you might be interested in attending a ribbon-cutting in Lake City on a weekday morning followed by lunch at a nearby restaurant. Plan this occurring in the next few weeks.

Also please let me know if you would be interested in a weekend meet-up for lunch at a restaurant nearby the Lake City Supercharger location.

Non-club members will be welcome to join us.

If you are not a member of the club, but you are a permanent, or part-time Florida resident and would like to join our state-wide Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

So, to assist us in our pre-planning I would appreciate it if you could respond to this posting and indicate whether you might be interested in attending a ribbon-cutting in Lake City on a weekday morning followed by lunch at a nearby restaurant. Plan this occurring in the next few weeks.

Also please let me know if you would be interested in a weekend meet-up for lunch at a restaurant nearby the Lake City Supercharger location.

Will join if I am back in FL. I am in Chicagoland right now and may not get back there until mid-September.

Last week I sent out an evite invitation to our membership announcing that we will be having a meet-up at the Applebee's Restaurant near the Lake City Supercharger:

On Saturday, September 6th at noon.
Applebee's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
2893 W US Highway 90Lake City, FL 32055

An invitation was also extended to our Georgia Tesla owners.

Club members Keith Mackey (aka KeithM) from Ocala & Andy Olivenbaum (aka AndyO) from Gainesville, will greet you at Applebee's to get acquainted with other members and to do lots of Tesla Talk!

Non-club members will be welcome to join us.

If you are not a member of the club, but you are a permanent, or part-time Florida resident and would like to join our state-wide Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature.

Larry

Here's some photos taken by G8rbev.

Lake City Supercharger 7 s.jpg

Lake City Supercharger 8 s.jpg

Club members Bev and Angel.

Larry