Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California only: Free Juicebox EVSE offers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 15kW, 60A so, if you have Dual Chargers in your MS, you can charge 50% faster than at 10kW, 40A with the standard Single Charger. NEMA 14-50 - that can let you charge at 29 miles per hour - provides 40A.

ElSupreme, thanks for the link. Applied.

How does one apply for the program? I followed the link but that just leads me to the page to build an EVSE

----------
Edit: Found it here Ohmconnect - Electric Motor Werks

Last edited:
Thank you for starting this thread, and for signing up for the PEV pilot! It's a pretty unique, and hopefully also a worthwhile opportunity. If you haven't signed up with OhmConnect yet, you may to so via this pilot-specific link: http://login.ohmconnect.com/register/pev/. If possible, it would be good to use the same email address for OhmConnect and for your eventual JuiceBox order. Electric Motor Werks is currently ramping the roll-out of our hardware, and would appreciate your patience during this phase. I linked our FAQ below, in case you wanted to peruse it. Please send any direct questions to [email protected].
pevpilot.gif

http://emotorwerks.com/pev-faq

I got my "free" Juicebox a week or two ago.

Unit successfully connected to Wifi and I received the first portion of my rebate upon reaching this milestone. I get the rest of the rebate after a few months of remaining connected to the internet.

The unit works well at 40A on my single charger Model S. There was a brief period where it had been remotely set to charge at 10A but evmotorwerks corrected the mistake quickly.

We now have two juiceboxes in my garage. A low power unit which charges my wife's Volt and my ohmconnect unit.

Thanks for posting. This is an interesting program. I'm all for helping to make EV charging better in any way it can be. Having chargers be aware of the load of the grid and adjust accordingly is an important feature to have.

I got mine on Monday and it's up and running for the Volt.

Since it will cost us more to charge using the Juicebox (it's counted as a separate meter, so we loose solar net metering), I'm not going to charge the Tesla with it for now.

I still like the idea of the pilot program and it's eventual goals of scheduling EV charging and charge rates at grid friendly times. If they remove the penalties for Solar users, I may switch the Tesla to a PEV Pilot program Juicebox as, but even then I'd have to switch the rest of the house to something other the EV-TOU2, so it will still cost me more than just having everything on a simple whole house EV_TOU2 plan.