Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Attached, but Not Accessable from House, Elec Panel in Laundry.. ??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm thinking about ordering the Model S.. My garage is attached to the house, but I can only access it from the large garage door from the exterior of house. My electric panel is in the laundry room, approximately 50 ft, from the garage..

Is this a big issue? If anyone knows, what would be the appropriate fix to make this work, what would it entail, and approximately how much would I expect to pay?

Thx!

Can an electrical line be run from the panel box in the laundry room into the attic, and from there to the garage and down into the garage? If yes, this is an easy install and should not be expensive.

How about a basement or crawl space under?

It's difficult to answer these kinds of questions without seeing the house in question. Every house is different, and some are easier to fish wires than others. Your best bet would be to talk to an electrician.

I'd go to the TMC Community/North America/Florida forum and look for reports of other installs. If you don't see any, ask for references for electricians in your area. Then get a couple of quotes. Nothing is impossible and might not be vastly expensive.

That's the best course of action. Under the right circumstances, conduit can be run... you may have to do a bit of drywall repair, but it's much easier than having a detached garage where code limits you in much greater ways.