Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0 (beta version discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not the posting sort (more of a lurker), but my friend said y'all be interested in these. Hope it's the right place for them.

Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG

Enjoy, and aloha!
Pete.

No music/playlist/Bluetooth enhancements? Bummer.

this is great news... doesn't seem as revolutionary as hoped for previously..

With all the group-think the forum did on what might be available in V6.0, it was inevitable that people would express disappointment instead of excitement over the new features. You won't be the only one, I'm sure. But (as usual), we built up our expectations, including creating wish lists and such, until it became almost a certainty in our collective minds.

This is some great stuff! Celebrate!

I'm rather shocked by the fact that you'll be able to start the car with the mobile app, is this really a good idea? Convenient, but worrying from a security standpoint.
My initial thought as well.

So a username and password allow you to locate a car via the API and also start it. Turn off mobile access and gone you are.

Thanks for posting pics!

Kinda dissappointing. They don't write about whatever bugs have been fixed though... I'm sure there are plenty but it seems like their policy to not mention this.

The wait for 6.1 starts :)

Not to talk about 7.0

I'm pretty excited for the advanced warning on traffic at home and at the office. Commuting in and out of Manhattan means I always have at least four options, but knowing which is best (before Waze) was the real magic. Waze is ok, but eats the phone battery and has an unhealthy love for the Brucker. The more integrated experience should be at least a nice option, even if I don't use it every day.

The calendar integration seems like a decent bit of functionality, though not sure how much I will use it.

It will be interesting to see the impact of the night sleep and the always on internet connection.

I'm rather shocked by the fact that you'll be able to start the car with the mobile app, is this really a good idea? Convenient, but worrying from a security standpoint.

My initial thought as well.

So a username and password allow you to locate a car via the API and also start it. Turn off mobile access and gone you are.

Priceless if you've driven off, leaving your key fob somewhere at home.

Head asplode! I haven't been following this thread at all so this is the first time I've heard of any of these features! Nav and iPhone updates sound really really good. And for some reason the thought of being able to start the car from my phone (without a key fob) has me giggling.

Maybe there IS shuffle on the music player and they just didn't write it. :p

Regardless -- hooray for v6!!

I suspect that if they had added enhancements to media player (vs. just fix bugs) it would be on release notes. I'm just hoping, hoping, hoping that they fixed the song/album/artist bug that ignores any track with punctuation or special characters in the title. About 1/4 of my music is only visible in folder mode!

My car is at the Austin service center today for its annual service. I just called to ask if they could install 6.0 while it's there and they said they haven't received the approval to do that yet. When I told him someone had it installed and posted a screenshot of the release notes, he asked which service center it was and said he would call to ask if they could install it too. I'll keep you posted.

COULD be shocking... waiting to see how it is implemented. If it requires a pin or something, it might be reasonably secure. If it does not, then it relies on your phone's locking...