Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show and Tell at local Sr Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently did a presentation on Tesla and the Model S for the local Sr. Center in West Chester, Pa.
Very enthusiastic crowd. Here are some pics, including screenshot of their web page advertising the event...

Sr Center Newsletter-Tesla.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-5.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-12.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-15.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-28.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-30.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-33.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-34.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-36.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-38.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-41.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-43.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-45.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-48.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-50.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-51.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-52.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-53.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-54.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-57.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-58.jpg
Tesla Aug. 6-60.jpg

Nice going John. Way to spread the word. I may not be quite to their age, I'm only 72, but I'll bet that a lot of older people are just as interested and concerned about things like the environment as much as the younger generation (maybe even more so!) And you would almost have to be dead to not be interested in the latest technology.

I salute you for your presentation and hopefully I will be driving my Tesla well into my 80's.

John, what a great way to bring information to the community! Not everyone is online seeking out info, but it doesn't mean they might not be interested. imo, You're doing exactly what needs to be done - bring the information to where people are. I love this thread! We all need to do more of this.

Sending positive reputation your way :).

Thanks Bonnie. I'm also one of the computer lab volunteers at this center and I'm constantly amazed at how tech savvy many if them are. And on the lighter side I caught one old gal "permanently borrowing" my poster that I had made for educational events like this that I do. When I asked her if she really needed it she replied "I know someone I think can afford to buy one of these and I want to show it to him." Of course I gave it to her and she left smiling.

Yikes. I didn't notice how close that walker got before! Now I have to go check my front passenger door!

Tha lady brandishing the stool in Pic 19 looks like trouble as well. Just kidding, great job at spreading the word. I was at a family event a few months ago, and more or less the oldest guy there, weill into his 80s, if not older, knew as much as I did about TSLA, Musk and the Model S. Lots of reading time I guess!

Quite cool! I've been doing some activities at assisted homes around here using virtual reality / simulators. Seniors can be very tech savvy if given a chance. I've even seeing a lot more tablet PCs and wireless networking being used too.

How long was your presentation? This looks like it could be fun to try over here (as soon as my car arrives :) ).