Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Race the Runway 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This is the 2014 version of last year's excellent event (Race the Runway 2013). In 2012 I ran my Roadster, and in 2013 I ran my Model S.

I was signed up for this year, but a speaking engagement came up and I had to bail.

However, Jaff is bringing his Roadster. As you can see from the App screenshot (be sure to download the 2014 version!), he is currently in #1 position:

attachment.jpg

LOL of course no one has actually run yet. But it was fun to see his car there.

Well, I didn't do too badly...I sailed through the 1/4 mile speed trap on my first run, but the radar failed to register a time...I think it was in the high 8's, but of course, we'll never know...:wink:

I eased up on my last two runs and ran quarters of 12.15 and 12.07 respectively.

The *winner* was car 513...a Lambo Super Trofeo Stradale Special...2000 HP...ran an 8.9 quarter, with a half mile speed of 330kph

*...he ended up only being a "partial" winner though as he lost it braking on his last run...did a few flat spins, and shot off the end of the runway into the swamp...fortunately, no one was hurt in the incident...

Race the Runway 2014

Last edited:
Those are awesome times. Your Roadster is a Sport, of course, so you have that little extra bit of oomph.

If they want to encourage EVs, they should add 1/8th mile timing. The Roadster would pwn.

(RTR does allow some rollout so those times may be a little better than other Roadsters have recorded.)

Thanks!...Yep, I was driving my Roadster Sport, the RS version....(Rolling Start :wink:)...I was just following the Master's advice..."Luke, start deep in the box...deep in the box"...:biggrin:)

Those are awesome times. Your Roadster is a Sport, of course, so you have that little extra bit of oomph.

If they want to encourage EVs, they should add 1/8th mile timing. The Roadster would pwn.

(RTR does allow some rollout so those times may be a little better than other Roadsters have recorded.)