Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ontario, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that one of the new "coming soon" dots is in the Ontario CA area. This will be a great location for N/S and E/W trips. Anyone with info and updates???

I'm very much looking forward to this one. I only live about 30 miles away, but up in the mountains, so it takes about 65 miles of rated range to get home from Ontario. If I've been driving around in LA, I either have to go out of my way to Hawthorne, which often has a considerable amount of traffic, or I have to wait at a 30a charger somewhere to make sure I can make it home comfortably. Being able to stop here for a few minutes once or twice a week would make my life much easier!

I'm very much looking forward to this one. I only live about 30 miles away, but up in the mountains, so it takes about 65 miles of rated range to get home from Ontario. If I've been driving around in LA, I either have to go out of my way to Hawthorne, which often has a considerable amount of traffic, or I have to wait at a 30a charger somewhere to make sure I can make it home comfortably. Being able to stop here for a few minutes once or twice a week would make my life much easier!

One of my friends with a Tesla lives in Arrowhead and that hill is a beast.....it eats three miles of charge for every mile travelled going up the hill.

One of my friends with a Tesla lives in Arrowhead and that hill is a beast.....it eats three miles of charge for every mile travelled going up the hill.

Yeah, I think the last 5 or so miles I'm eating 4-5 miles of range for every mile travelled at 60mph. It gets pretty steep! The first 15-20 miles aren't bad. Inversely, going to Ontario is pretty nice. I end up using about 2 miles of range by the time I get there. :)