Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Destination Charging Cape Cod

Destination Charging Cape Cod

<see below>
    Last edited by Robert.Boston; 2014-10-28 at 07:59 AM. Reason: one post per establishment

New Destination Charging Station on Cape Cod- The Palmer House Inn

The Palmer House Inn, luxury Select Registry lodging is now a destination charging location on Cape Cod.

Stay two or more nights in a premium king whirlpool room and we will charge your Tesla upon arrival and keep it charged until you depart.

The Palmer House Inn is located in the historic district of Falmouth Village. It is within easy walking distance of Main Street with its unique shops and international, award winning "restaurant row".

Book and recharge on your Cape escape by calling 1.508.548.1230. Or book on our website www.palmerhouseinn.com

-The Palmer House Inn
    81 Palmer Avenue
    Falmouth, MA 02540

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar

Moderator's Note

I've decided to allow one post from businesses that offer destination charging. Although this is an exception to our normal "no advertising" rule, the existence and terms of the destination charging is of general interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I've decided to allow one post from businesses that offer destination charging. Although this is an exception to our normal "no advertising" rule, the existence and terms of the destination charging is of general interest.
    The terms aren't just of general interest-- they're really odd. In looking at their web site I think 6 of the 17 rooms have both king beds and what the website calls jacuzzi tubs. So if someone stays in one of the other 11 rooms they can't charge their car? Or if someone stays only one night they can't charge their car? I've never heard of a hotel or B&B with any type of EV charging that doesn't make it available to any guest regardless of room type or length of stay. I wonder if this hotel knows they're probably the only hotel or B&B in the country doing this. Hopefully they'll check back with this thread to see at least this one Tesla owner is not impressed with their destination charging.

Message to hotels-- either you have destination charging or you don't. We don't appreciate you using it to try to upsell a room or length of stay.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Did anyone else get anything in the mail? I am wondering WHO gave out my mailing address identifying me as a Tesla owner.................

Model S 85 / Green / Grey perf leather / Lacewood / Pano roof / Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Tslagrl View Post
    Did anyone else get anything in the mail? I am wondering WHO gave out my mailing address identifying me as a Tesla owner.................
    Those records are available for purchase from the state DMVs. It's how you get those JD Power or other surveys soon after you buy a car and how you may have gotten one specific for EV/hybrid owners.
    60 kWh | Green | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Tech Package | Pano Roof | Supercharging | Parcel Shelf

Ah OK, thanks! How annoying

Model S 85 / Green / Grey perf leather / Lacewood / Pano roof / Tech

It will cost them maybe $5 of electricity to charge your car, so they need you stay 2 nights in what presumably is their most expensive room........?

Since the now-open Sagamore Supercharger is 14 miles/23 minutes away, does it really matter?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/81+P...ach,+MA+02562/

I would say, no. A full charge, hell a 90% charge at Sagamore sc should be all one needs for a week's worth of travel on the Cape.

Thread Information