Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Payment question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all
Time to get a new car and looking much at tesla. With payment what is due at signing? Looking to buy not lease. Never had a car ordered. Is the initial payment due at signing or paid over period until it gets there or upon arrival? Is it always 10% or can it be less? How many months will they finance it over? Thanks much.

Hello all
Time to get a new car and looking much at tesla. With payment what is due at signing? Looking to buy not lease. Never had a car ordered. Is the initial payment due at signing or paid over period until it gets there or upon arrival? Is it always 10% or can it be less? How many months will they finance it over? Thanks much.
That's a great question but should be addressed to tesla. Answers on a forum don't mean much. Also depends on state, options etc. not a pressure situation, can call tesla to find out

The
Hello all
Do not know about financing, paid for mine. Once you configure your car on line it shows you your total cost less the $5000 deposit. I picked mine up at the factory and gave them a check for the balance at that time.

Hello all

If you buy the car, payment in full is required. Either by you or by a lender.
The actual amount you have to put down is determined by your lender. Lenders have different terms. The two best I saw in May when I paid was:

DCU @ 100% financing, .99%, 65 months
Alliant @ 95% financing, 1.49%, 72 months

If you buy the car, payment in full is required. Either by you or by a lender.
The actual amount you have to put down is determined by your lender. Lenders have different terms. The two best I saw in May when I paid was:

DCU @ 100% financing, .99%, 65 months
Alliant @ 95% financing, 1.49%, 72 months

Thanks much. Any other purchasing with financing stories here? Can you pay at pickup or does it have to be when you ordered? Ty

No, the $5K is the deposit required at the time of the order. The balance is due at pickup or delivery. You can use a CC for the initial $5K deposit on line. I just paid with a personal check for the balance, no CC's allowed.

Thanks. I thought 10% down is a requirement for purchasing. Can you get them to stretch out the term beyond 72 months? Thanks so much all

Tesla financing is minimum 10% down, excluding tax and fees, and maximum 72 months. Other banks/credit unions have different terms, some with 120% financing, and some with 84 month pay periods. Also, the required deposit to order is $2500, not $5000.