Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla announces 8 year extended warranty for 85 kwh models Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 259
Just checked out the Tesla Motors website and this is what is now showing.

- - - Updated - - -
Thanks, I just saw that. I had purchased the extended warranty so hopefully I will be refunded the price.

I got the extended warranty also. I think they are referring to the drive unit only and not the entire warranty coverage so I doubt they will offer any refunds, but we can hope.
for the 40s/60s 125,000 mile drive unit warranty, isn't it the same drive unit? If so, shouldn't it be unlimited miles also?

Sorry for jumping in the Hawaii thread again - hey, I do spend a couple of weeks there every other year :) - but, the extended warranty is probably a must-have as it goes beyond the drivetrain. Imagine a failing touchscreen, door handles, pano roof or air suspension in year 6 or 7; that'd be a very costly repair without the warranty.

At $2.5k up until a year ago, the extended warranty was a 'great deal'; at $4k now, it's a little excessive but...

I got the extended warranty also. I think they are referring to the drive unit only and not the entire warranty coverage so I doubt they will offer any refunds, but we can hope.
for the 40s/60s 125,000 mile drive unit warranty, isn't it the same drive unit? If so, shouldn't it be unlimited miles also?

Agreed, the extended warranty covers other things than just the drivetrain. Still has value, just not the same value.

Sorry for jumping in the Hawaii thread again - hey, I do spend a couple of weeks there every other year :) - but, the extended warranty is probably a must-have as it goes beyond the drivetrain. Imagine a failing touchscreen, door handles, pano roof or air suspension in year 6 or 7; that'd be a very costly repair without the warranty.

At $2.5k up until a year ago, the extended warranty was a 'great deal'; at $4k now, it's a little excessive but...

Haven't seen your car at any of the Hawaii Tesla Owner meet-ups. are you sure you've been to Hawaii:biggrin: