Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do with your old car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To buy the S I sold a 1959 Porsche through a classic car broker who is a vintage Porsche expert (took a month to sell), and a 2008 Prius through Craigslist, cash sale (took a week to sell). To buy the Roadster I sold a 2009 Porsche Cayman through Craigslist and accepted a cashiers check because of what I knew about the buyer (took six days to sell).

You say "nobody seems to be interested" in your Range Rover and Mercedes S class. Any car can be sold relatively quickly if priced slightly below market. Determining market value takes some effort, you need to look at a lot of online ads for cars that appear to be comparable to the condition of your car (and that typically have asking prices thousands of dollars above what the selling price will ultimately be) and figure out what a reasonable price will be for your car.

Many sellers (but not all) have an "optimistic" belief in the value of their vehicle. Remember that the market is usually awash with cars very similar to yours. Buyers have a wide range of choices and can easily find cars for sale online.

For used cars, it's a buyer's market.

Last edited: