Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Renovo Coupe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope it really has the acceleration they claim. Electric motors can certainly put out more torque than gas engines can, so it will be nice to see a car that takes advantage of this to leave the dinosaur burners in the dust on the drag strip.

I wonder what cells are being used, I'd assume some type of LiFePO4 to get the fast recharge time. Actually could be some higher C rate version of NCA cells too. No mention of range that I can find, but I'd guess it should be able to get around 150 miles or so.

Body is a ~$20k Daytona Coupe kit. Well it sounds more challenging to develop EV from it, Tesla started with Lotus glider.
Wonder how much homologation costed them.

What You Get | Factory Five Racing

- - - Updated - - -

Opps, looks like they used this body: CSX9000

Yes but you could use the FFR kit and probably get similar results for a lot less money.

http://www.ssi-racing.com/

I found this electric FFR Roadster build last night: Wayne's 2010 FFR Mk4
Electric Mk4 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

He is running a DC drivetrain with P85 levels of power (1350A @ 240V = 324kW = 435hp), but half the weight.

Lots of videos on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL42VFYP-_7SCH-Xkuhbv4g

There are also a few electric 818 builds:

Factory Five Customer Erik H. Builds All-Electric 818S! | Factory Five Racing

I haven't seen an electric Factory Five Coupe (yet)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious to learn more about their battery pack and charging system.

So far I know:

• 30 kWh size battery, 100 mile range max (likely lower range in real world driving)
  • 740-volt lithium-ion battery pack
  • can fully charge in 30 minutes via DC fast charger

At first I was surprised by the 30-minute charge number. Then I found out its only a 30kW sized battery pack.

Other specs:

• single gear transmission , limited to 120mph
  • twin sequential axial flux electric motors, 500 hp & 1000 lb-ft of torque
  • only around 100 vehicles to be made. price tag $529k

So a 30 kW battery pack. I guess it'll be able to use the CHaDEMO fast charger for that 30 minute charge. Seems reasonable. Certainly Tesla's tech can charge more than 30kW in 30 minutes so it's not like Renovo invented anything new here with regards to fast charging.

I wonder why kind of cooling system they have in place to address concerns about temps when fast charging or sitting fully charged in the Arizona type heat.