Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Drive Electric Week Event - Calgary

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the day is tomorrow. I think there are only three Teslas signed up but that may be as much as 30-40% of the Teslas in Calgary, so not bad! Hopefully there will be a reasonable crowd of attendees. The weather will be great so might get some casual downtown walkers. Will post pics.

GetAttachment.jpg

we all appreciate you fellas bringing out your cars too; could have talked tesla for hours - obviously a good indication that i did that right thing and ordered one; the boys obviously approve ;-)

Last edited:
In the end there were 4 Model Ss, 1 Roadster and one additional Model S owner dropped by, by my count:
In2Oil, Edable, AC1K, gpetti, 85KWH and a drop-by by GrassyKnoel. Was good to meet babstude and c041v too.

Nice to meet you as well! Thansk for taking the time to answer all my questions about ownership. Was suprised all those protestors didn't take more interest as they cruised through the event.

I'm having trouble understanding this.

I was musing that for absolute environmental purists, even a Tesla is probably too energy hungry as a luxury car with high performance (I always thing of a hummer as the ultimate F-you environment vehicle). I don't recall anyone actually saying this but I'm aware that my motives in buying the Tesla were more about enjoying a high performance car (with minimum environmental guilt) than they were about being green. Anyway I was only making a joke (apparently unsuccessfully :smile: ) and if an ardent environmentalist confronted me about buying a Tesla I would definitely argue the point. At the end of the day, the Tesla stands alone when it comes to range.

I was musing that for absolute environmental purists, even a Tesla is probably too energy hungry as a luxury car with high performance (I always thing of a hummer as the ultimate F-you environment vehicle). I don't recall anyone actually saying this but I'm aware that my motives in buying the Tesla were more about enjoying a high performance car (with minimum environmental guilt) than they were about being green. Anyway I was only making a joke (apparently unsuccessfully :smile: ) and if an ardent environmentalist confronted me about buying a Tesla I would definitely argue the point. At the end of the day, the Tesla stands alone when it comes to range.
i got the joke :)

My purchase was close to 0% about environmentalism too, except for the larger Tesla mission. I wanted to support that (sustainable transport and "helping" Tesla get to the Model 3); it wasn't about me driving an EV per se to be an environmentalist. But I find as time goes on I'm actually increasingly happy about being 'green' too. I can't explain why. I've decided to just go with it.

Edit: add link to Victoria's NDEW results National Drive Electric Week - Victoria

Last edited:
At the end of the day, the Tesla stands alone when it comes to range.
Environmentalist: "Your Tesla, is inefficient with its electricity."
Me: "Ok, show me another EV with real 200+ mile range that I should buy."
Environmentalist: "There isn't..."
Me: "Ok, then come back when you have something useful to contribute to the discussion in reality. Cheers."

i got the joke :)

My purchase was close to 0% about environmentalism too, except for the larger Tesla mission.

interesting .. for me it's 100% about the environmental aspect - the car being gorgeous and powerful is an added bonus ;-) other vehicles in the same class - i.e. bmw 5 series and e-class merc etc have zero interest to me .. in my opinion they don't compete at all with the MS - they are not BEV - what's the point of them even showing up to the ballgame ? they've already lost .. :D

interesting .. for me it's 100% about the environmental aspect - the car being gorgeous and powerful is an added bonus ;-) other vehicles in the same class - i.e. bmw 5 series and e-class merc etc have zero interest to me .. in my opinion they don't compete at all with the MS - they are not BEV - what's the point of them even showing up to the ballgame ? they've already lost .. :D
Well it wasn't that I didn't believe in environmental causes, I just wasn't very active and didn't really do much proactively in my life. To give myself some credit I was in the market for a midlife crisis car having just sold my company and ultimately rejected a variety of other cars that I was originally interested in because I didn't want to drive something that basically said "environment? who cares, I drive a ....". The more I looked at Tesla (thanks to my son) the more I realized I could have my cake and eat it too. Since buying the Tesla and perusing this forum (and others) I am slowly converting to someone who is actually taking actions. I've just been quoted for solar panels for my home, I signed up for bullfrog power a couple of weeks ago, I'm sponsoring a sun country highway charger and of course I drive a Tesla. I still have plenty to be ashamed of (environmentally speaking) but... baby steps.