Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dodge Pick-Up PHEV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Came out to our EV parking spots to see a Dodge Pickup parked in one of the 10 spots. Was surprised when I took a closer look. I think the Michigan manufacturer plates (in California) mean it is a prototype of some kind. A welcome site versus all the rotten little plug in Priuses that are usually blocking the spots...:tongue:

IMG_3546.JPG
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3548.JPG

Why waste the bed space with batteries? Ford managed to keep a functional truck with the Ranger EV. I got to pull the battery pack out of one a couple years ago. Tested all 25 Panasonic NiMH batteries and put it all back together. Would love to see the range if somebody ever sets one of those up with a Lithium pack.:smile:

Wow! This is cool! My contractor guys would love this! They can forget about having 120V circuits trip all the time with their welders.

http://electriccarsreport.com/ said:
For on-the-job electrical power tools, a 240 volt/30 amp four-prong outlet and 120volt/20amp duplex outlet power strip is located in the rear box.

This really is a great use for a PHEV. I'm only guessing but I bet these contractor worksite trucks don't drive very far during a normal day or maybe are parked at times near 240V outlets. So even a 20 mile EV range could be useful.

This really is a great use for a PHEV. I'm only guessing but I bet these contractor worksite trucks don't drive very far during a normal day or maybe are parked at times near 240V outlets. So even a 20 mile EV range could be useful.

Yep definitely. And also have a factory fitted decent sized inverter onboard for those sites without onsite power (yet) or for worksites in the middle of nowhere. I think this would be a great selling point. No need to carry around or worry about a work generator and fuel can. Use the battery to drive to site one day or use the onboard battery to power tools on another day. Great option to have IMO. The new Mitsi Outlander PHEV has this potential now but is not very practical as a trade vehicle.