Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Placed my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! It's going to be an exciting 3 mos for you. It has been for us. SO MUCH RESEARCH! And a test drive again. :)

We looked at price too. Our drops were the leather, dual chargers and the premium sound system. Of these, I will miss the last one, but we tend to talk in the car, so probably won't need it. The leather was a tossup. I'm sure our friends will wonder why this car didn't come standard with leather, but in the hot Arizona weather, I will welcome the fabric seats.

Enjoy this time. You should be well prepared by the time you get the car.

Congratulations! It's going to be an exciting 3 mos for you. It has been for us. SO MUCH RESEARCH! And a test drive again. :)

We looked at price too. Our drops were the leather, dual chargers and the premium sound system. Of these, I will miss the last one, but we tend to talk in the car, so probably won't need it. The leather was a tossup. I'm sure our friends will wonder why this car didn't come standard with leather, but in the hot Arizona weather, I will welcome the fabric seats.

Enjoy this time. You should be well prepared by the time you get the car.

Like you I went with the textile seats. I've heard from multiple sources (including the Tesla store employee who helped me) that the textile seats are very nice and have the advantage of not only being better in extreme temperatures but also grippier (if that's a word?) when going around corners. Riding in my S85 will be the first time I'll have actually sat in them so I'll be very eager to try them out. (Along with everything else....)

Like you I went with the textile seats. I've heard from multiple sources (including the Tesla store employee who helped me) that the textile seats are very nice and have the advantage of not only being better in extreme temperatures but also grippier (if that's a word?) when going around corners. Riding in my S85 will be the first time I'll have actually sat in them so I'll be very eager to try them out. (Along with everything else....)

That's what we were told. All the guys loved the textile seats. They said when they had a car in the store with them, most people ordered those instead of leather. Not sure how true that is, but I know it will be a benefit in AZ. I can't wait to see those too. It's difficult to buy something that hasn't been seen other than a swatch at the store. Good luck with your delivery date sticking so we don't have to wait much longer. :)

That's what we were told. All the guys loved the textile seats. They said when they had a car in the store with them, most people ordered those instead of leather. Not sure how true that is, but I know it will be a benefit in AZ. I can't wait to see those too. It's difficult to buy something that hasn't been seen other than a swatch at the store. Good luck with your delivery date sticking so we don't have to wait much longer. :)

Thanks and same to you benemac! Fingers have been crossed, wood has been knocked, and magic 8 balls bribed for only the best of predictions.

Where I ordered, the Tesla folks were lukewarm on the Textile.
Must admit though, had they had colors other than Black I may have been tempted.

I'm surprised. Usually the sales folks love everything.:wink:

I saw the textile at the service center when I was deciding what to order. I thought it looked pretty good. But I prefer leather overall, so I went with that.