Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Model S for BlackBerry" disappeared from Blackberry world. Alternatives?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a BlackBerry Z10 with BB OS10.2.1. The Blackberry app "Model S for Blackberry" is removed from Blackberry world :crying:
Anyone know what happened?
Alternative would be to install the Android application "Tesla Model S Beta", has even more capabilities like controlling climate.
But for that I need the apk file as you can't install on a BlackBerry from Google Play. Who can share the apk file?
Thanks in advance.

Consider an Android, iOS or Windows phone... That will solve it.
Consider not being a smartass... That will solve it. Some of us care about security and would rather not carry around a phone that will give out complete backups of the phone's entire contents to someone on the same network. I would also like a phone that actually checks SSL certificates to see if they're valid before accepting them. I would also like a phone that doesn't require me to grant unfettered access to my phone just to install an app. I would also like a phone that if it's stolen I can mark it so and it will not work for anyone else, anywhere in the world. The other makers could do that but they don't because they make so much money selling people new phones after they are stolen. Call me old-fashioned.....

To the OP. Sorry to hear that. I have a Z10 and have been using the home-grown app for quite awhile now. I keep meaning to learn how to sideload Android apps but haven't needed to. If you figure it out please share! I'll need to learn if I upgrade to a Z30 or Passport.

easiest thing to do would be to just google search tesla model s apk or something similar. I did a quick search and found several downloads. Just make sure you are getting the newest version you can find.

Found a couple though not latest release yet. Downloaded an APK file, copied it to my BB Z10 SD card. Using the File Manager on the BB Z10 you can select the apk and it will install. Works like a charm.

As some of the sites offering apk downloads look questionable I'm always careful before downloading as some sites may be made to spread malware.

So I finally got off my rear and loaded the Android apk onto my Z10. Everything seems to work except Location. The map is just a grid w/ the car triangle on it. It won't render any of the streets or anything. Anyone else have this problem?

As far as I can tell, "Model S for BlackBerry" is still available in BlackBerry World (or is available now, and was also available a few weeks ago). I just use that for the map component, since that's the only part of the Android app that won't work. Seems to work fine for me.