Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reset Maintance Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can I reset "Maintance Service" on my roadster? It comes on everytime I turn on the key. Yes I can delete it. I just want to reset it without going to dealer.

You don't have to worry about going to a dealer. There aren't any. If you go to a Tesla service center they would probably do it for free. If you don't want to do that, I'm pretty sure most of the roadster owners in OH know how to reset it.

Yes it can be done. I purchased a new key , had it cut at local hardware. Tesla wants me to drive 2 hours {one way} to do the programing!!! Does Elon know this? TESLA just give me the code please.
What makes you think there's a code? On most cars, a virgin key (never programmed to a car) has to be burned in with the car's code, not the other way around. This requires specialized equipment that plugs into the car and a loop antenna that sends a signal to the key. On my BMW, it requires a $3 chip soldered to the key's circuit board, plus about $2,000 worth of equipment to program the key. If there was a simple code, every one of our cars would be stolen overnight.

On the Roadster I am not aware of any programming. I think they sell two keys and a receiver as a package.

Oh yes they can reprogram it, but it's a crazy procedure. You have to do oddball things like opening and closing the door and turning the key in a particular sequence to trigger it. Then the LED in the glove compartment starts blinking, and you have to count the blinks and turn the key when it hits the right number. You have to do that repeatedly until you've entered the entire number code of the key fob. Then it is synchronized. I've seen a Ranger do the procedure, and it's so complicated he had to try a couple of times to get it to work.