Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Video shows 11-day supercharger build in Goodland, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting video. The project doesn't really look all that complicated, and yet it takes a good amount of time to get this done.

I wonder how complicated the solar canopy installation is? BTW, I notice that none of the new superchargers have a canopy. I hope Tesla gets a chance to add them at some point because the marketing suggests that canopies are prevalent.

Interesting video. The project doesn't really look all that complicated, and yet it takes a good amount of time to get this done.

I wonder how complicated the solar canopy installation is? BTW, I notice that none of the new superchargers have a canopy. I hope Tesla gets a chance to add them at some point because the marketing suggests that canopies are prevalent.

I think they decided to put all the solar panels in one place. So they will generate the equivalent power for all Supercharger use--they just won't necessarily do it at the individual Supercharger locations. Probably not as ideal from a marketing/goodwill standpoint, but technically it makes more sense to keep all the solar charging it one location.

Actually timelapses of Indio and El Centro would be very cool. You'd get to watch tectonic plates move in the San Andreas Fault. Might move a few feet given the plenitude of geologic time they're taking to get the SC installed there! :)

Very good! Better update the GPS position as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they decided to put all the solar panels in one place. So they will generate the equivalent power for all Supercharger use--they just won't necessarily do it at the individual Supercharger locations. Probably not as ideal from a marketing/goodwill standpoint, but technically it makes more sense to keep all the solar charging it one location.

Is Tesla actually building such a facility?

It seems so easy. So how come there are very few SuC going live in the US this summer?

As is often the case with construction projects, it's the planning, land lease negotiations, permitting, exception granting, utility dependencies, county inspections, etc... that represent the lion's share of the timeline and the biggest pain in the neck.

As is often the case with construction projects, it's the planning, land lease negotiations, permitting, exception granting, utility dependencies, county inspections, etc... that represent the lion's share of the timeline and the biggest pain in the neck.
Yeah, the actual build of this one took 11 days, but if supercharge.info is correct, the time from permit to supercharger live was over 2 months.

Still, wish we could get an actual 2-month timeline from permit to live for any supercharger in SoCal. :redface: