Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Atlantic Reus Audio Upgrade Group Buy (Nov/Dec 2014)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My S will be delivered in October (I am located in Smithfield, VA). I am looking at having Reus Audio Systems install their audio system upgrade in my car toward the end of the year, in the November/December timeframe.

Reus offers a custom Tesla-designed system that integrates perfectly with the car/touchscreen, and they have a few installers apprenticed on system installation in Teslas, so they know how to do it. They travel around the country to install the systems on Model Ses. There are several different packages offered, from about $2000 up beyond $3000, and those who have had the upgrade installed have given rave reviews, calling the quality of the sound phenomenal and a significant improvement over Tesla's upgraded sound system. (You can get the system installed if you have the "Ultra High Fidelty Sound Package" or the base factory sound package--it doesn't matter.

Anyway, Cliff at Reus (or one of the other Reus technicians) travels periodically to the east coast for installations. They typically split travel costs among the owners that he installs systems on, so the more people we can get together for this, the better.

Who is interested in having this system installed in their Model S in the November/December timeframe? Please let me know, and if I get sufficient responses we can organize a group install that should help defray some of the costs of the install.

If you want more information on the systems, you can contact Reus and they will hook you up. After speaking with them, they are very knowledgeable about the Model S and quality audio systems.

Great. I'll PM folks as this starts to firm up. For now, Anyone else interested, please post in this thread!

- - - Updated - - -

Count me in too.
I heard the system in artsci's car and agin at TMC and it is wonderful, thx Todd.
And glad your replacement car is coming soon, that accident was heartbreaking :(

Thanks. It has been a long 1.5 months driving a 2005 Toyota Corolla...and 2 more months to go!

Did you even bother to check the date on this post? -- it was 2010, four yeas ago. Those issues are no longer a problem. There's an entire thread about this on this very forum. It helps a bit if you do your homework.

Yes, of course i checked the date. That's why i asked if they had changed their ways. And, I searched for Reus on the forum and did not see any thread about this issue.

Yes, of course i checked the date. That's why i asked if they had changed their ways. And, I searched for Reus on the forum and did not see any thread about this issue.

This is over and done with. I don't think any Model S owners who've had the Reus install done, myself included, have had any issues of this kind. In fact, in my experience Reus has gone out of its way to provide great service. They promised an upgrade if the system installed in my car had future enhancements, and on one their two visits East this fall they'll be doing just that.

I wasn't aware of any potential issues in the past, but the "professional affection" and respect of all their happy Tesla customers that I met at TMC Connect was endorsement enough for me.

All,
I posted the links in my prior message regarding some 2010 incidents involving Reus because i had not seen any response from the company regarding the incidents and i felt that the links contained information that any reasonably prudent buyer would consider before making a purchase. No animus was intended and, of course, i have no personal knowledge about the accuracy of the events discussed in the links.

I understand that several Tesla owners have had work performed by Reus and are happy with the work and the experience in dealing with the company. That, of course, is also relevant information.

I don't know what happened in 2010 with the other car owners, but the information relayed by them was incredibly shocking, to say the least. When i read those links it was clear that the same people referenced in the positive posts by Tesla owners were with the company back in 2010 and were named in the links as people involved in the alleged "scam." As a result, i felt that i was providing useful information to potential clients of Reus.