Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Italy or Sicily Charging points

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

I would be incredibly grateful if I could get some advice from my fellow EU Tesla fans.

I am picking up my Tesla in Tilburg and bringing it to Malta. I will be auto railing it to Allesandria and would need to charge it somewhere around Genoa. From there, I will be boarding a ferry from Genoa to Palermo and the drive from Palermo to Pozzalo is a long 280km hence the need to charge it in Genoa (or somewhere in Sicily).

Would anyone know an EV friendly hotel or charging station that wouldn't require an ENEL card in Genoa or anywhere in Sicily?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Sounds like a great trip. I'd love to take my Model S to Sicily one summer. Always nice to go back to Sicily.

From the comments on chargemap.com, someone successfully used the charging station at IKEA Genova only yesterday:

http://chargemap.com/points/details/ikea-genova

Maybe you can charge on the ferry? They probably supply electricity to lorries transporting food with need of cooling. But it might not be the cleanest electricity in the world, both when it comes to how clean the sine waves from the generator is and the carbon used to produce it. But you might need an adaptor from 22kW red plug to 11kW red plug.

Apparently, Elon Musk himself was in Sicily last week...

Basing it off what another Tesla driver posted on the charge map (Said he used it Aug 7 without a problem).

Yes we did put that review. I confirm there is a EnelDrive charger there, and you should be able to get a card from Ikea to charge for free by showing your Ikea Family. But be prepared to insist a bit, because the local staff didn't seem very aware of how things works with the chargers. We have a EnelDrive card so was not a problem for us.

Good luck.

Yes we did put that review. I confirm there is a EnelDrive charger there, and you should be able to get a card from Ikea to charge for free by showing your Ikea Family. But be prepared to insist a bit, because the local staff didn't seem very aware of how things works with the chargers. We have a EnelDrive card so was not a problem for us.

Good luck.
Hi Manuvince,

How do you received the EnelCard?
I call the Enel call center and they didn't know anything about it.
Please if you can help me.
I will travel in the next months in Italy.
Thanks in advance.

Charge cards are provided by Due Energie. To obtain an RFID charge card proceed as following:

· Contact [email protected] to request a contract
· You’ll receive it via email (usually same day)
· Fill-in the contract, signs it and send it to [email protected], include copy of your ID
· You will receive the card at home within 4 days (also outside Italy)
· Charges the card of 40 euro for 100 kWh: now the card is ready
· The customer is informed when he is going to reach the threshold
· You can charge more kWh on the card directly on [email protected] paying with PayPal or VISA
· The card is valid for 12 months, after 12 months you give back the card or recharge 40 euros for 100 kWh and continues to use the service for other 12 months.

I sent an email to [email protected]and received the contract within the same day and received the card in 48h to the address of my choice.

Hi Manuvince,

How do you received the EnelCard?
I call the Enel call center and they didn't know anything about it.
Please if you can help me.
I will travel in the next months in Italy.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I would be incredibly grateful if I could get some advice from my fellow EU Tesla fans.

I am picking up my Tesla in Tilburg and bringing it to Malta. I will be auto railing it to Allesandria and would need to charge it somewhere around Genoa. From there, I will be boarding a ferry from Genoa to Palermo and the drive from Palermo to Pozzalo is a long 280km hence the need to charge it in Genoa (or somewhere in Sicily).

Would anyone know an EV friendly hotel or charging station that wouldn't require an ENEL card in Genoa or anywhere in Sicily?

Thanks in advance everyone!

The post is 7 years old but I am hoping to get a clear answer on the matter with Malta.
I am planning to drive to Malta from the Netherlands.
Chargemap app shows that all the EV charging points in Malta are free of charge. Also on the internet several webpages state that it is for free. Only on 1 website, I see an article from 2017 which says those stations cost actually double the price of charging at home.
So I am confused..

Anyone has experience of charging in Malta?