Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

R.I.P. Robin Williams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With both Robin W and Philip Seymour Hoffman departing these past few months, there is a terrible yawning gap developed in male Hollywood talent this year.

This is such a great loss. It's too bad depression is treated in our society as something to be ashamed of, as if it's a moral failing or weakness, which is the furtherest from the truth. I note that the statement released by his wife said: “As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin’s death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions.” That would never be said about someone who died of cancer and depression is a disease just like cancer. I don't look down on him one bit for having depression that resulting in the taking of his own life. In fact, his life was a testament as to what one can accomplish while battling severe depression. It was a truly remarkable life and at least he is no longer suffering. He gave my family such joy with movies like Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Night at the Museum, and our family's all-time favourite: RV. My daughter texted me when she heard and I couldn't believe it. Rest in peace, Mr. Williams, and thank you for bringing such joy, and so many laughs, to my family.

PS. I found this interesting from Wikipedia:

Williams was a supporter of eco-friendly vehicles. He drove a Toyota Prius[SUP][86][/SUP] and was on the waiting list for an Aptera 2 Series electric vehicle before the company folded in December 2011.[SUP][87][/SUP]

His standup routines and impromptu multi-voice monologues during interviews showed his true genius. He had great aptitude for nuanced performances in dramas as well.

He had many good years ahead of him. It's a great loss. As someone said on Twitter: "Goodbye Robin Williams. Now, go make God laugh."

I know of a male friend who's coping with depression after the loss of his dad; folks around him are doing our best to help him deal with it. Depression in men is not usually dealt with well both by the patient and by society.

Watching my facebook feed is an education. Friends posting clips from Mork & Mindy, Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams, through to Night at the Museum. From the '70s until today, 40 years of delighting three generations.