Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hunt Valley Horsepower 8/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

CatB

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

artsci and I are going to meet there at 7:30. PM me or reply if you can make it so we can hold spots for you and bring enough coffee.

Every Saturday Morning — horsepowering.com

Both times I have gone, I have had at least half-dozen people checking out my car and talking to me, so it would be great to demonstrate that there are enough of us driving EVs that the future is here :biggrin:

Hi everyone,

artsci and I are going to meet there at 7:30. PM me or reply if you can make it so we can hold spots for you and bring enough coffee.

Every Saturday Morning — horsepowering.com

Both times I have gone, I have had at least half-dozen people checking out my car and talking to me, so it would be great to demonstrate that there are enough of us driving EVs that the future is here :biggrin:

See you there. I'll bring my Tesla Model S poster stand:

DSC_5368.jpg

You get a 100% charge in 30 min at a supercharger?

Also, I think the 50-100A "3-6 hrs" line is an overstatement unless you're talking about a P60. It's more like 4-8.5 hours (and also 40-80A actually reaching the car). Lastly, the 240V might be true for some lucky households but it's by no means the norm in my travels.

How did you get this made up?

I downloaded the poster files from other TMC posts then had them printed at FedEx Office on foam board (so if there are mistakes in the data it's no my doing:)). I ordered the stand from a commercial source. The stand has different Tesla posters on each side. The posters were glued to plywood, mounted in the stand, then trimmed with aluminum u-channel. The Tesla logos on the base of the stand were from a number I had made up for my personal use.

We'll take and post some photos tomorrow at the event.

The Hunt Valley web site pics look very interesting. You guys have a great time and let us know how it goes. I'm going to Montgomery Cars 'n' Coffee (Corner Bakery by Montgomery Mall) at the same time tomorrow otherwise I would join in the fun.

The Hunt Valley web site pics look very interesting. You guys have a great time and let us know how it goes. I'm going to Montgomery Cars 'n' Coffee (Corner Bakery by Montgomery Mall) at the same time tomorrow otherwise I would join in the fun.

CatB, Curt, and I were there and our cars attracted a lot of attention and curious inquiries. We heard more than a few times that our cars were the future and that all of the ICE noise (plenty of that, often at a deafening level at this event) was a thing of the past.

I set up my stand and free hand outs but the organizers were not happy about the hand outs as they discourage anything promotional. So I hid them away.

This event attracts as many as 1,200 cars on a single morning. One of the organizers told me it's the biggest cars and coffee type event in the country.

The next huge turnout will be the early October event. I hope we can attract a large contingent of Tesla owners that day. I'lll post as soon as we know the day.

In the meantime, a few photos. Your truly, Curt, and CatB pose for the camera.
DSC_5380.JPG

DSC_5382.JPG

DSC_5370.JPG

DSC_5372.JPG

DSC_5378.JPG

More than enough ICE's of every type and vintage to satisfy the best gasaholic. This is my favorite.

DSC_5158.JPG

Great fun - so many interested people. I invited one curious woman to have a seat so she could check out the screen and her husband smiled at me and said "I told you I would bring her back" so I talked them into getting on Tesla's email list for the next drive event - think another order is incoming :)

And of course it was cool to see a Lotus Elise a few rows behind Curt's Roadster.

@Jeff - I didn't even know there was a Montgomery cars'n'coffee!!

Great fun - so many interested people. I invited one curious woman to have a seat so she could check out the screen and her husband smiled at me and said "I told you I would bring her back" so I talked them into getting on Tesla's email list for the next drive event - think another order is incoming :)

And of course it was cool to see a Lotus Elise a few rows behind Curt's Roadster.

@Jeff - I didn't even know there was a Montgomery cars'n'coffee!!

Why didn't you just have them schedule for a test drive at the Montgomery store? Either way, I am glad you got one on board! :)

I also thought it was funny that they didn't want "anything promotional" haha! Tesla must love us always selling their car for them :D

@linkster, the fourth member of the "sales team" is my sidekick Lucy. :)

I talked to the guy who suggested we just hide the handouts and he apologized that it was awkward because auto clubs can handout info about the clubs, but they don't want dealers or manufacturers "selling" so maybe we just need to come out with a TMC handout that includes links to here and the Tesla site. And if the back of the handout says we like raising awareness about the most innovative car on the planet (evidence listed below)...

Jeff, how was the turnout in Bethesda? And yes will be visiting (but not parking at) my 'home' charger in a day or two.

@linkster, the fourth member of the "sales team" is my sidekick Lucy. :)

I talked to the guy who suggested we just hide the handouts and he apologized that it was awkward because auto clubs can handout info about the clubs, but they don't want dealers or manufacturers "selling" so maybe we just need to come out with a TMC handout that includes links to here and the Tesla site. And if the back of the handout says we like raising awareness about the most innovative car on the planet (evidence listed below)...

Jeff, how was the turnout in Bethesda? And yes will be visiting (but not parking at) my 'home' charger in a day or two.

Makes sense and a lot of people do find there way into TMC well before they make their purchase :)

It is just easier for people to have a nice takeaway with some data on the car. This must be how the stores in MD and VA feel when they can't answer any pricing questions...

You get a 100% charge in 30 min at a supercharger?

Also, I think the 50-100A "3-6 hrs" line is an overstatement unless you're talking about a P60. It's more like 4-8.5 hours (and also 40-80A actually reaching the car). Lastly, the 240V might be true for some lucky households but it's by no means the norm in my travels.

Huh?

The poster charging information seems entirely accurate to me.

a) the poster doesn't state 100% charge (i have only twice in 33K miles) as i only charge enough to get to either the next "super" or my destination with some cushion
b) again, i would guess that most S owners charge every night for only a few hours
c) from cottonwood: "Although common terminology, 110V and 220V systems are not used much in North America today, and their use dates back to Edison's DC distribution in the 19th century. In North America, 120V and 240V have been standard for household and small business use for almost a century."
d) i usually have around 247V at my house (old house and neighborhood) in The Commonwealth and haven't even bothered to check (but I will now) the voltage at the Florida house since it is immaterial IMO)

Last edited: