Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Charger Location Map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cosmacelf

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2013
San Diego
Tesla has a new zoomable map which shows hotels and other businesses which have installed HPWCs. Check it out at:

Find Us | Tesla Motors

It also shows service centers, stores and Superchargers. Presumably this is a follow on to their program where they will either give or discount HPWCs to businesses that install them for all to use.

Great idea. The small circles indicating HPWCs aren't identified in the key, though, so without clicking on one you wouldn't know what it is. I'd also like to see them publish a list of participants in the destination charging program by state as the program grows. It would be much easier to scan down a list of hotels, etc. than clicking on each one on a map. Both the map and proposed list are an incentive for hotels to participate and get their name in front of Tesla owners looking for a place to drive to.

Great idea. The small circles indicating HPWCs aren't identified in the key, though, so without clicking on one you wouldn't know what it is. I'd also like to see them publish a list of participants in the destination charging program by state as the program grows. It would be much easier to scan down a list of hotels, etc. than clicking on each one on a map. Both the map and proposed list are an incentive for hotels to participate and get their name in front of Tesla owners looking for a place to drive to.

They do. Go here instead: Find Us | Tesla Motors and change the filter to charging partners.

Strange, using the "find us" link from the OP didn't give that option, it went to a map page and "charging partners" wasn't an option to be checked. The "find us" link that you gave is in list form as I requested in my post and does have that option!

Yeah, I can't find a way to get to that webpage through the Tesla website. Only through that specific link. Hope this comes to the Nav System soon.

It's a good idea but it also drives home the fact that there simply aren't very many hotels with a "Model S connector", especially outside of California. The are 2 total in the Pacific Northwest.

Something like plugshare is a better choice as it also shows j1772s and chademos (hopefully the adapter ships soon). They do seem to be on plugshare for the most part (though the one at Sun River, OR isn't). Unfortunately, I still don't see a way to search plugshare/recargo for hotels on Android or the website. I've heard it's available on iOS though.

It's a good idea but it also drives home the fact that there simply aren't very many hotels with a "Model S connector", especially outside of California. The are 2 total in the Pacific Northwest.

Something like plugshare is a better choice as it also shows j1772s and chademos (hopefully the adapter ships soon). They do seem to be on plugshare for the most part (though the one at Sun River, OR isn't). Unfortunately, I still don't see a way to search plugshare/recargo for hotels on Android or the website. I've heard it's available on iOS though.
I think you're missing the point. It's not intended to take the place of plugshare. Of course plugshare will show many more places to charge. This is to publicize Tesla's destination charging program of HPWCs installed at destinations. Hotels or other destinations support Telsas, we support them.

So, does 'Model S Connector' mean HPWC?

Also, for some, it says - for guests only. For those that it does not specify this, does it mean it's open for all?

Yes, it means HPWC.

It would be wise to call the hotel in advance. Access to the charging equipment is at the hotel's discretion and is subject to change. I wouldn't unduly rely on this simple Tesla map for the details of the hotel's charging policy. Some hotels require that only overnight guests will have access to their charging equipment. Other hotels have their charging equipment as part of the valet parking operation. Usually there is a fee for valet parking, but in some cases the fee is waived if the guest gets their parking ticket validated at the hotel's restaurant.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Say someone wasn't a business but had a HPWC online outdoors accessible 24/7 would it be appropriate to request listing on this map?

Hi Steve,

One can always ask, but I believe these "charging partners" are part of Tesla's Destination Charging Program. Tesla has minimum criteria regarding which destinations qualify for the program. It appears that for the most part Tesla is starting with qualifying luxury hotels/resorts and probably has a minimum number of HPWCs to qualify as well.

Larry

Last edited:
So, does 'Model S Connector' mean HPWC?

Also, for some, it says - for guests only. For those that it does not specify this, does it mean it's open for all?
Tesla doesn't seem to be consistent with its terminology. I see the web site no longer calls it HPWC (High Power Wall Connector), it's now just called Wall Connector. But this new charging map calls it Model S Connector as you pointed out. That seems unwise, as they will have to change the name again when the Model X comes out.