Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So my Roadster 2.5 was delivered... Now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TOBASH

Supporting Member
So, now I have to go to DMV and pay taxes on an item someone else already paid taxes on...Grrrr

Anyways, I have her plugged in but my home plug will only support 12 amps for the time being. I received about a dozen different Tesla stock charger cables with the car (including a J1772 or whatever you call it that converts a Models S to Roadster plug as well as a plug that converts Roadster house charger to Model S) (I still ordered a "Can I" and a "Can II" from hcharp despite having these other wire toys), but I'm moving so I really can only use house current until I finalize my new house. I set the computer to understand, and noted my computer will allow up to 70 amps, (so if the computer allows up to 70 amps, does that mean I have the upgraded software?)

Too bad I'm in NYC where I will need to buy aftermarket rims and tires so I don't destroy the stock ones AND I will need to use the adjustable suspension to RAISE the car 1" all around to prevent damage from uneven streets.

Got dirty cleaning out the garage, but job not completed so I can't park her there yet. I need to clean out 20 years of Saab parts from my 1988 Saab turbo convertible. Time for that old gal to hit the Flea-bay auction block.

Additionally, there is still stuff in there from my return from studying abroad. Weight benches, 1000 lb of weight, squat rack, etc., etc., etc...

So now I need to de-tune my suspension, my back hurts, I can't park indoors, I can't charge faster than 12 amps, and I need to fight a line all day tomorrow at New York DMV.

I'm still grinning ear to ear because I own a freakin' awesome roadster!!!

P.S. - Questions will come fast and furious later with lots of pictures, as I have a Tesla charger wire set that seems to have every plug from 110 to 500volts, a 220 volt charge wire with a weird round wall plug, and a Roadster to Model S conversion wire for the wall charger, and the charger to Model S converter is a weird bonus because I don't even own a Model S yet). All these wires and 2 soft tops courtesy of the prior owner who bought everything but a bloody hard top. Guess I will buy that later on my own.

Attachments

• 20140810_173612.jpg
    20140810_173612.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 937
Last edited:
Did you get a wall-mounted high-power charger? I'm having trouble understanding all the adapters you're describing. The only Model S adapter connects to the HPC so you can use the Roadster charger to charge a Model S. Is that what you got?

So, now I have to go to DMV and pay taxes on an item someone else already paid taxes on...Grrrr

Anyways, I have her plugged in but my home plug will only support 12 amps for the time being. I received about a dozen different Tesla stock charger cables with the car (including a J1772 or whatever you call it that converts a Models S to Roadster plug as well as a plug that converts Roadster house charger to Model S) (I still ordered a "Can I" and a "Can II" from hcharp despite having these other wire toys), but I'm moving so I really can only use house current until I finalize my new house. I set the computer to understand, and noted my computer will allow up to 70 amps, (so if the computer allows up to 70 amps, does that mean I have the upgraded software?)

Too bad I'm in NYC where I will need to buy aftermarket rims and tires so I don't destroy the stock ones AND I will need to use the adjustable suspension to RAISE the car 1" all around to prevent damage from uneven streets.

Got dirty cleaning out the garage, but job not completed so I can't park her there yet. I need to clean out 20 years of Saab parts from my 1988 Saab turbo convertible. Time for that old gal to hit the Flea-bay auction block.

Additionally, there is still stuff in there from my return from studying abroad. Weight benches, 1000 lb of weight, squat rack, etc., etc., etc...

So now I need to de-tune my suspension, my back hurts, I can't park indoors, I can't charge faster than 12 amps, and I need to fight a line all day tomorrow at New York DMV.

I'm still grinning ear to ear because I own a freakin' awesome roadster!!!

P.S. - Questions will come fast and furious later with lots of pictures, as I have a Tesla charger wire set that seems to have every plug from 110 to 500volts, a 220 volt charge wire with a weird round wall plug, and a Roadster to Model S conversion wire for the wall charger, and the charger to Model S converter is a weird bonus because I don't even own a Model S yet). All these wires and 2 soft tops courtesy of the prior owner who bought everything but a bloody hard top. Guess I will buy that later on my own.

My goodness that's beautiful. I'm jealous. Enjoy it in the best of health, and send me a PM when you decide to sell!!!

What a beautiful car!!!:love:

I would love to see a picture of all the charging apparatus you got, especially the adapters. Tesla sold a Roadster to Model S adapter but I've never seen or heard of a Model S to Roadster connector other than the one I make.

Did you get a wall-mounted high-power charger? I'm having trouble understanding all the adapters you're describing. The only Model S adapter connects to the HPC so you can use the Roadster charger to charge a Model S. Is that what you got?

Yes, the Roadster wall mounted is just one of the units I received.

- - - Updated - - -

What a beautiful car!!!:love:

I would love to see a picture of all the charging apparatus you got, especially the adapters. Tesla sold a Roadster to Model S adapter but I've never seen or heard of a Model S to Roadster connector other than the one I make.

I guess I will need to post a pic soon.

- - - Updated - - -

My goodness that's beautiful. I'm jealous. Enjoy it in the best of health, and send me a PM when you decide to sell!!!

Thanks Hussain!

I don't think the Roadtser sport adjustable suspension changes ride height. You can adjust level of stiffness.

Model S sedan with air suspension has adjustable ride height, but not Roadster.

I don't think the Roadtser sport adjustable suspension changes ride height. You can adjust level of stiffness.

Model S sedan with air suspension has adjustable ride height, but not Roadster.

I had mine corner balanced, so there's enough of a height adjustment in the suspension to level the car. Probably not enough to raise it a full inch though.

Red Tesla Roadster.JPG

Congrats TOBASH!!
I just got my 2.0 one week ago. I also received a lot of adapters with mine but no conversion adapter for the Model S.

"including a J1772 or whatever you call it that converts a Models S to Roadster plug".....I think there is confusion with this statement since you put in "or". The J1772 is an adapter that you use when you want to connect the car to a public charger. It is not an adapter between the two Tesla models.

View attachment 56267
Congrats TOBASH!!
I just got my 2.0 one week ago. I also received a lot of adapters with mine but no conversion adapter for the Model S.

"including a J1772 or whatever you call it that converts a Models S to Roadster plug".....I think there is confusion with this statement since you put in "or". The J1772 is an adapter that you use when you want to connect the car to a public charger. It is not an adapter between the two Tesla models.

1) The red color of your car is terrific. Beautiful car!
2) I need to take pictures of the adapters for all to see, but I need to find time. I apologize.

T

So I just received the "Can 1" unit from hcsharp, and I'm impressed by the high quality.

Bonnie, thanks for making the suggestion of buying his device. You were the first to mention him.

Also received a front license mount from a fellow member. Much appreciated. I will install this weekend.

I just got the car titled and registered yesterday. Drives like a screaming demon! I must concentrate on only tapping the accelerator because she is so super responsive. At one point I looked down and I was doing 80 a second after doing 40. I will need to get used to this rate of acceleration.

I have been charging only with the 115 volt wire. I plan to install others when I move into my house. Still, the charging at 3 miles per hour means 36 miles per night. I only drive 10 miles a day, making that an acceptable rate.

Thanks for all the welcome notes and advice from those on the BB.

T