Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going for a test drive Wednesday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ask if you can test drive one with air suspension. There's a difference in the feel as I think it smooths out bumps in the road. You may also be interested in the panoramic sunroof or the 85 kWh model (more range at about 250 miles) vs the 60 kWh version.

Other things you can ask about:

-The Tesla Supercharger network
-Inventory cars and the discounts offered
-Order placement, deposit and confirmation (you have two weeks to modify/cancel your order before your deposit cannot be refunded)
-Financing/leasing

Lokking for suggested questions to ask the sales rep. Never had an ev so I am making a list and don't want to miss anything.

Thanks

Please make the most of your first opportunity to learn about the car.
Get the driver seat set up how you think you will be most comfortable.
Bring your wife or SO along for the test drive. Maybe the family too.

Change the steering from Standard to Sport during the test drive.
Change the Creep mode and the amount of Regen during your drive.

If your test car has the parking sensors, try then out (parking).
If the test drive model doesn't have them, ask the rep to explain how it works.
Same for reverse parking, check out the view on the console.
There is a lot of info and features on the console: there are about a dozen videos online about the console features, ask questions about anything that is unclear.

The type of model has a lot to do with what questions you ask.
With Air-suspension vs. standard suspension.

How hilly is the area you live in?
How cold does it get in the winter?
How big is your family: do you need the Artic package (heated rear seats)?
Would purchasing the far rear seats be a consideration for you and your family's needs?

Thanks for the replies.
I am looking forward to it. I live in NYC area. I have a good idea about the super chargers. Not to convenient for me. I am interested in the rebate, won't buy it without it. I am coming out of s550 lease and have looked at the a few different manufacturers. I have to think about waiting for all wheel drive as this is my main transportation.What about down the road reagrding the battery. What qualifies the battery for replacement when it loses some of its effectiveness? If it is at 70% of capacity as compared to new. How does this work. In NY I am only entitled to federal rebate no state rebate. Is there an adjusted gross income limit to get the credit? Does it faze out at certain income levels?
Thanks for the tips, I hope to get a few more and have a few written down when I go in.

• Disagree
Reactions: The Long C_0_N
I had a testrive in Velden, Austria yesterday. I told the guy from tesla to shut up and only give me directions. He just smiled and agreed :) It was a blast in a silver P85+. There were some open roads with 60mph limit.
BigGeenPress :D

09082014646.jpg
09082014640.jpg

"drive it like you stole it" :) Not for the whole drive, but don't be afraid to floor it once or twice, it certainly does no harm to the car, and it's a lot of fun. Also, if you can, drive it over roads you're very familiar with, so you can compare the drive dynamics to your outgoing car. I have a certain turn on my regular commute that's just fun in any car that's a bit 'sticky', so it was good to compare the Model S to my old car, though I could only do that after I took ownership, I had to fly to Miami for my test drive :-/

In reply to your fed credit question, no, there's no gross income limit to qualify for the $7.5k.