Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird issue: route not showing in screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Since today, when selecting the routes to go, the routes don't show up in the navigation screen of my recently acquired Model S. It is weird because they were showing before as far as I can tell. Now, the route only appears on the driver screen (just the next steps, obviously, not the full route).

My daughter was playing yesterday with the navigator, zooming in and out, rotating, nothing serious AFAIK... could she accidentally changed something somehow in the configuration? I tried to find if that was possible and come back to the previous configuration but I've been unable to find the correct "lever" (if it exists).

Can someone let me know if there is a simple solution for this or if this is something that will make me call Tesla maintenance? (my nearest service center is 500 km away; delivery was without any guiding tour due to my country not having any Tesla service center... yet)

Thanks!

Anyway, I now remember that yesterday I also put the screen on "cleaning mode" and I wonder if this also helped to create this irrelevant bug....

That is unlikely to have caused it. Generally, the first thing you do when there is any weirdness is reboot the large display.

Its happened to me several times and a reboot always restores the line. I don't mind not having the route line (or I would prefer having a switch to turn it off) since the route is on the leftmost display. I find the heavy blue route line almost completely obscures the traffic rendering on the map and I would sometimes prefer have the traffic info as priority.

Hi,

Since today, when selecting the routes to go, the routes don't show up in the navigation screen of my recently acquired Model S. It is weird because they were showing before as far as I can tell. Now, the route only appears on the driver screen (just the next steps, obviously, not the full route).

My daughter was playing yesterday with the navigator, zooming in and out, rotating, nothing serious AFAIK... could she accidentally changed something somehow in the configuration? I tried to find if that was possible and come back to the previous configuration but I've been unable to find the correct "lever" (if it exists).

Can someone let me know if there is a simple solution for this or if this is something that will make me call Tesla maintenance? (my nearest service center is 500 km away; delivery was without any guiding tour due to my country not having any Tesla service center... yet)

Thanks!

Same for me, has happened about 3x spread out by weeks. A 17" reboot always fixes it but is annoying to do while driving.

This happens to me on a regular basis. The fun part is that now when it does show, it's the reverse route!! The turn by turn is correct, but the routing line on the main map is always backwards (it's very confusing to see it tell you to take the offramp of the freeway to get on it.... I have learned to pay no attention to the map now. I only use the turn by turn.
photo.JPG

BTW, this is v5.9(1.51.109)

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, when I arrived at my car after work yesterday there was a note that a software update was available. This morning I have 5.12. An initial try shows that that the navigation is fixed. We'll have to see over the next few weeks if they fixed that communication issue (different thread).