Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TM finally done sourcing parts for my Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
Since February I think, sourcing parts for your Model S has been the order of the day - now I can finally modify my tagline here on TMC

The Tesla Factory is building your Model S_50p.png

It took TM 5 months to "source my parts" - they must have found some really good ones, since it took that long.

This is for sequence #114 on the standard production cars. One more sign of progress, for those of us still waiting ... yay!

On track for a mid September delivery.

It took TM 5 months to "source my parts" - they must have found some really good ones, since it took that long.

This is for sequence #114 on the standard production cars. One more sign of progress, for those of us still waiting ... yay!

On track for a mid September delivery.

I'd be a little concerned. Just over a month to build it, prepare for shipment, ship it by sea, receive it here, then do local paperwork. Not enough time, IMHO. My guess would be late September. What have Tesla told you?

My understanding is that shipping is from Los Angeles, not San Francisco.

Maybe it varies, I heard some of the cars left straight off from Oakland. Others from Portland, Oregon (headed to Anchorage). They might use different ports for different shipments, depending on availability, rates and so on.

What if I went to the factory - right now - would the let me in, and actually see my own car? Yes I know I cannot take it home with me, but to do a factory tour, what better time than when you car is being produced ...

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be a little concerned. Just over a month to build it, prepare for shipment, ship it by sea, receive it here, then do local paperwork. Not enough time, IMHO. My guess would be late September. What have Tesla told you?

Sure, latest Tesla estimate is "mid to end September". There is some slack as to how long must it wait before being shipped (with other cars), how many things needs fixing when it gets to HK, and in HK, will it be the last of a huge batch that needs to go first? And so on.

I am not concerned, only excited. A week more or less, after waiting for 21 months, I think that'd be OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you give a Tesla some hints as to where my parts have gone? They seem to be having trouble getting that warp drive.

I heard it is the field unification rectifier which has some issues in quality control (sorry, cannot reveal my source). Especially with warp, I would have appreciated a properly functional system - otherwise you might risk reaching Planet Mars before Elon. And I doubt there are any superchargers on Mars yet, and restaurants, entertainment and so on, now we're at it.

Last edited:
My sources tell me that the Plasma Injectors are the issue. They were being made by Plasmatics Ltd but they are having trouble with integration with the Warp Coils.

It's like when you buy a bamboo PC - even if all the components are fine, individually, they might not work well together.

Did anyone else get rid of their "sourcing parts" line of text?

7 days in the making:

Production Complete
Your Model S is in transit from the factory.

I know it is manually updated, so my guess is (as some have suggested) that the production is only a few days now, after the revamp of the factory. I think it's close to being loaded on a boat - hoping so - to make delivery by mid September possible.

20 more posts to 1000. I will save post number 1000 to the day I get my car, giving me less than one post per day. This was my post for today, have a good weekend all!

Last edited: