Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good stopping point for journey MA to NH?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be taking my daughter up to NH on Monday, North Conway area, and its beyond the range of the car. My friend is going to drive south to meet us so I don't have to drive the whole way. Does anyone have any ideas for a good stopping point en route, maybe good lunch suggestions? Charging would be great, if not then somewhere comfortably within range so I can get home again. Round trip the whole way is about 320 miles.

I rarely venture north into NH so I'm feeling a bit lost and any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

NH is just like most of MA, with more trees and less taxes.

Your path is a bit void of charging spots that I know of, but Concord is about half way to North Conway and there are some decent (for NH) restaurants there.

If you want to let your friend drive less, there is an outlet mall in Tilton, and a Nissan dealer there. I don't know how friendly that particular dealership is to non leafs but odds are they'll have no problem with it.

The charging stations in Manchester have been spotty for me, sometimes working sometimes not.

If you want to stop at my place on the way up or back, I'm about 10 min off rt 93 near Manchester. Send me a pm.

Hope that helps. :)

In addition to anthony, there's another Tesla owner (on TMC) with a NEMA 14-50 in Bedford just outside of Manchester. The more I think about it, one of them would be your best bet.

I live in VT right off I-91 (5 min from NH) so a bit out of your way but I have 80A at 240v. I don't know of anything over 40A between you and No Conway. There are lots of campgrounds and if you look at the thread for our Mt Washington trip last year, you will see lots of positive comments about a couple of different campgrounds. Concord has 30A at 200v but it's a bit of a walk from the Courtyard to downtown where you'll find all the best places to eat.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I went straight up 95, and then 16. Had to ICE it I'm afraid due to various pressures and time constraints :mad:. Next time maybe I'll have time to be more creative and take the Tesla. Or maybe there'll be superchargers by then..........
However I did have lunch at a new place that opened up along my route, very nice indeed, would be a good spot for a HPWC. I'm going to suggest it.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I went straight up 95, and then 16. Had to ICE it I'm afraid due to various pressures and time constraints :mad:. Next time maybe I'll have time to be more creative and take the Tesla. Or maybe there'll be superchargers by then..........
However I did have lunch at a new place that opened up along my route, very nice indeed, would be a good spot for a HPWC. I'm going to suggest it.

Sorry I'm just seeing this now. I think hcsharp is referring to me in Bedford. I'm happy to host anyone passing through the area that needs a charge. I'm on plugshare. Just PM me if you want to stop by.

I'll be going down to Boston more often now and I'd appreciate any reciprocal charging there. ;)