Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Panoramic Roof Bow !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just got a new part that replaced the horrible black plastic panoramic roof bow : the Alcantara panoramic roof bow!!
Available on new cars delivered by september with Alcantara Headliner.
Easy retrofit for "old" ones with Alcantara headliner.

Cheers from France!
Jean

10606198_10204480445073619_2439822551784067542_n.jpg

10418501_10204480443713585_1608157606054876660_n.jpg

1505291_10204480444593607_7552478706724019598_n.jpg

Still with the black plastic one on the Tesla Shop for Sun shades.

sunshades_2x_1024x1024.jpg

The existing black plastic part is one of the cheapest looking and feeling parts of the car. Just tap it with your finger and hear its hollow vibration, or poke it and watch how much it bends and flexes. Terrible.

Glad it's being addressed. Hopefully there's a standard headliner alternative in the future as well.

Opinion or do you have formal/Tesla commentary? Thanks.

What you mean?

It's really easy to change it since there is just 6 clips to get the old one off and plug the new one in.
You will be able to order it at any Tesla Shop in september and you can choose to get it installed or not (10 mins max...).

Price is about $250 as far as I know.

The existing black plastic part is one of the cheapest looking and feeling parts of the car. Just tap it with your finger and hear its hollow vibration, or poke it and watch how much it bends and flexes. Terrible.

Glad it's being addressed. Hopefully there's a standard headliner alternative in the future as well.

Yes, the black plastic was really the worst part of the car!
Not sure if they will forget this part or give it as an option, but for Alcantara Headliner option, you will get it included.

Opinion or do you have formal/Tesla commentary? Thanks.

I saw this when I was at Las Vegas Service. I like the way the black looks better.
I do like the Alcantara material better but the cream color makes the roof feel more confining than the black which makes it still feel open

Black Alcantara on this would be great!

...another one of those 'hardware upgrades' items? I'd think so?

It was literally a matter of time before I did this myself. It was going to be my very first cosmetic mod to my car. I'm glad this will be available. It'll save me the time of having to find matching material and have my shop do it. I'll be ordering that ASAP.

I was thinking that the bar would look better in matching Alcantara, but now that I've seen pics I'm not so sure. Maybe a glassy black (not like the piano black, but like the exterior B pillars) would blend into the glass of the roof better.

I saw this when I was at Las Vegas Service. I like the way the black looks better...the black which makes it still feel open

100% agree. I prefer the black over the alcantera as it blends in very nicely and not noticible. (53k miles on my S now and I've never noticed it as it blends right in with the pano roof). but now that I've seen it and compared it to the alcantera, the alcantera sticks out and it doesn't flow very well. makes it not very feng shui.

Hello,

Just got a new part that replaced the horrible black plastic panoramic roof bow : the Alcantara panoramic roof bow!!
Available on new cars delivered by september with Alcantara Headliner.
Easy retrofit for "old" ones with Alcantara headliner.

Cheers from France!
Jean

View attachment 55988

View attachment 55987

View attachment 55986

Still with the black plastic one on the Tesla Shop for Sun shades.

View attachment 55989

Looks Great! This makes the Alcantata option a much better value for pano roof cars.

GSP

My P85 was a May build and it also has the Alcatera center piece in the pano roof - to be honest I never noticed it but after seeing this post, I had to check!

Great, when did you get the car?
For Europe, as delivery takes 4/5 months, that sounds right that cars produced in May get it with the Alcantara Headliner.

- - - Updated - - -

Yah, they mentioned it at (I think) Fremont as well but I forgot to post about it.

I like it in Alcantara... not sure black will be better, I have it on my Q7 and it makes the car inside smaller than with the model S "white cream alcantara".

The more I look at the Alcantara covered cross beam the less I like it. It seems to me the original black plastic had a different design intent. It was supposed to blend into the glass of the roof, enhancing the theme of the all glass roof. With the new Alcantara the design intent seems to be to blend into the rest of the headliner, not the glass roof. For my personal tastes I prefer the first attempt/concept. All glass roof is a really cool idea and I would prefer they enhance that design element, instead of switching to enhancing the headliner continuity.

[FONT=&amp]I think the MS cross beam should be black Alcantara. I've also always thought the Tesla's tan Alcantara pillars between the doors should be black to match my black leather the same as my Mercedes S550 pillars, which look far better (even though my Benz just sits in the garage unused).[/FONT]