Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creative ideas on how to get out of Pasadena tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I posted earlier, I'll be attending the Eminem / Rihanna concert tonight with my wife, who has to get back to Vegas tonight after the concert. My goal is to find the fastest route out of the immediate area to catch the freeway heading towards Barstow.

I spoke to a friend who attended the concert last night and he said the concert while amazing, was not worth it because of the traffic in itself. He said that it was by far the worst traffic he has ever experienced. This coming from an LA native scares me a little.

I'm planning to park roughly 10 miles away and let the car charge while we attend the concert (thanks to some generous TMC members!), I'll uber it to the venue at the Rose Bowl, but leaving the area will prove to be tricky. My friend said that lots of people ubered it last night and they were stuck waiting in the traffic for hours.

I'm thinking if we walk a ways a way from the venue, perhaps we'll have better luck catching an uber more towards our car. The thought of a bicycle, segway, or moped has crossed my mind too, although probably not practical.

Regardless, I wanted to reach out to all of you who might have experience with this, or at least some creative ideas on how best to get out of there FAST.

Fold up bikes in the car to get to/from the venue to/from your parking spot.

I thought about this. The charger is about 7.5 miles away. I don't know the terrain and that's quite a stretch.

- - - Updated - - -

Complain of chest pain.

Ambulance to the hospital. Park your car there prior to the concert.

Might not be a bad idea.

I love how everyone responds to quickly to whatever the topic may be. It's very refreshing how helpful everyone is in every way. Love this community.

Last edited: