Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging help pls - Panama City Beach area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I have a Model S scheduled for delivery at the end of September. I've been looking at the charging options in the Panama City Beach area and they seem distressingly missing. I know DeFuniak Springs is set to get a supercharger, but I'm planning worst case scenario so am hoping others might have an idea of where to charge in that area?

I know this is a little late but, I have a condo in PCB and have dealt with the same problem. Currently there is a charger J1772 at Gulf Coast State college, they don't advertise it but they wouldn't refuse you. It only gives between 10 and 18 miles per hour, solar powered. There is also some charge points at the car dealers. Check Plug Share, I haven't needed to charge there as I charge at my daughters house. My condo on the beach is at Moonspinner on the east end of the beach. They have promised to put in Clipper Creek chargers by the end of the year, in hopes of attracting EV overnighters. Hope this helps you find a jolt.

Gulf Coast College allowed me to charge, but also asked that I buy a parking pass (I recall it was $10 or $15 for a one year pass). Unfortunately I was only able to charge for about 30 minutes before the breaker on the charger tripped.

the dryer outlet at my grandmother's house in Panama City ended up being my best option.

I just scoped out what was available for charging the Tesla. In Panama City Beach a few hotels have slow chargers, but you have to be a patron. Tops’l Business Center Has several high voltage chargers that are free to the public. I drove from Carrabelle to Miramar (a few miles up the road from PCB) and charged before I came back home. It’s a good option because the Public Charger for Destin is not available at this time.

Hi everyone, I have a Model S scheduled for delivery at the end of September. I've been looking at the charging options in the Panama City Beach area and they seem distressingly missing. I know DeFuniak Springs is set to get a supercharger, but I'm planning worst case scenario so am hoping others might have an idea of where to charge in that area?

Defuniak Springs is active,

I'm surprised that Pier Park doesn't have anything.

It looks like Big Bad Breakfast has Tesla chargers and is a little closer than Seaside. They close at 2:30 PM though. Does anyone know if they are available after hours?

Unfortunately we'll probably take our Honda because Big Bad and Seaside are about 30m from where we are staying.

Plugshare shows quite a few options:
PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
There are some Destination Chargers too:
Find Us | Tesla

All along those beaches there are places where you can find 110v outside power outlets. When I travel where EV chargers are rare I never fail to find a 110v outlet I can use. That always adds enough, 3-4 mph at least, to get me to a more convenient place.

Don't worry too much. You just need to look at Plugshare and Tesla Destination Chargers, both of whicvh will do a complete charge overnight in worst case. Otherwise 110V always gives margin.