Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has gone into production since the line resumed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't yet seen anyone here or over on the Tesla forums saying they've gone into production since they resumed line operations on the 4th. I would think we'd have seen someone change status by now. How about it, anyone out there who has gone to production on or after 4th of August?

It would make sense to run the line for RHD for HK and Australia now due to the time it takes to get cars there. Also, why not make a hundred or so RHD cars in a day and get them ready to ship. The point is to get delivery done by end of quarter so this is not a big bunch of inventory carried over to next quarter. Remember that some HK cars were supposed to be shipped and delivered during Q2 but even the first Signature cars didn't get to HK until late July. Even still, multiple HK people are being told October or November delivery times.

People in the US ordering in July are getting late September deliveries, right? So these good folks in Australia and HK waiting a couple years should be shown some love.

Our dashboards changed last weekend for my RHD Hong Kong destined car and at least two other HK RHD cars. This suggests they went into production after the startup. About 21 months after the reservation.

I hope we are not the lab mice for new processes that will require rework later.

Our dashboards changed last weekend for my RHD Hong Kong destined car and at least two other HK RHD cars. This suggests they went into production after the startup. About 21 months after the reservation.

I hope we are not the lab mice for new processes that will require rework later.

On the bright side...You may get some extra new or improved features/hardware.

How would you know if you got those new or improved? Would it be announced somewhere or will we know just by looking?
TM is constantly changing small items ,some to reduce weight, as Elon referred to in Q2ER comments, and others to improve function/cut cost as with the rear parcel shelf (reduces motor/rear wheel noise and is part of car price/not an option now). TM does not announce each and every small change but I am confident that your car will be 'better' than mine (had since May 2013). My consolation: I have been driving this great car longer.