Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Model S Mods Go Here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lx3h

Charged.hk's Director of Education
Please post any of the interesting points about modding your Model S here.

- - - Updated - - -

Since some of our fellow members mentioned that the rear seats aren't the most comfortable, is replacing the seats entirely legal?

uploadfromtaptalk1407414467209.jpg

Car lowered, just for the look of it :D
8yja8e4a.jpg

The quality looks ok, but I haven't hit any curbs yet, so not sure if the rim will be scratched.
Installation is easy, you just clean the rims (or at least the edge of them) and put them on like stickers. It comes with some wipes which are 3m adhesive enhancer. I just ordered 1 set and good enough for 4 x 22" rims.

Lucky you...I couldn't help and went ahead for the full body xpel coating (deposit paid) . I really should have waited a bit but saw the reviews (mainly in the US) were mostly +ve....anyway have to save more in other areas :(

hi ekwng, for entire xpel wrapping, it costed about HKD35k. I thought about doing the front part, lower part of the 4 doors and 2 mirrors and was quoted about HKD20k not much trade-off really. There are a numbers of discussion on coating, most notably xpel vs. suntek. Heard the latter was slightly better though both are recommended by many. Oh, one more thing, do check for the warranty period. My understand was xpel - 10yrs; suntek - 5 yrs.

Will share more for sure after the coating is done. :)

Hi luckylao, you doing xpel with EDP? They quoted me $80k at the beginning and then $50k recently, but I think I rather coat my car with Opti-coat 2.0 myself and learn some skills.

If I screwed up, I may go to a detailer in Kwun Tong, I think they are almost the best in HK.

Hi luckylao, you doing xpel with EDP? They quoted me $80k at the beginning and then $50k recently, but I think I rather coat my car with Opti-coat 2.0 myself and learn some skills.

If I screwed up, I may go to a detailer in Kwun Tong, I think they are almost the best in HK.

I think DIY with opti-coat will give much better result than those super expensive coating elsewhere.

especially the car is new and i don't think there will be a lot of swirl making coating itself a simple work.

but you need to make sure buying suitable cleasing chemicals to wrap off any wax on the paint surface first then wash with IPA solution before you do any opti-coat on it.

in any case if screw up, just go to threexxxd to do a $8000 package la.....why spend $35k? becuase owner of Tesla is rich so paying more for same service????

Thanks Sony. Yeap I honestly thought about chemical coating as the math is there so long as it gave similiar result. I changed my mind when I was given the XPEL flim which I tried to tear but in vain. So the logic of protection is different in my humble opinion though I have yet to see the result. Will keep you all posted on that.

Hi fyw709, thanks for the message. I would try DIY opt-coating if I am not that clumsy :) Anyway, I am by no mean rich or advocate on xpel...struggled long and had to convince my girlfriend before I could go ahead. Fingers-crossed