Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Adjusting the adjustable suspension

Is the only adjustable suspension available the Sport suspension directly from Tesla? Can aftermarket Bilsteins either PSS10 or ASN be used as upgrades?

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frequencydip View Post
    Is the only adjustable suspension available the Sport suspension directly from Tesla? Can aftermarket Bilsteins either PSS10 or ASN be used as upgrades?
    Tesla built the suspension from scratch, so I would strongly doubt that any non-Tesla suspension currently available can be added. Of course, some aftermarket guys might come with an offering in the future.

Rdstr254->725->MS1364 HUN DrTaras's Avatar

Icon5 Further (beyond the UI) way to adjust the Model S Suspension to make it stiffer?

I know its been over a year since this thread has been touched so I hope there are those who are still 'following' it...
    There is no Performance Discussion for the Model S (maybe there should be), so I figured that guys who frequent this Performance Discussion may know a thing or two about DIY tweaking of cars in general. I know next to nothing! I have a Model S-Performance and know that through the user interface you can push a button for suspension to be soft, standard or performance. "Problem" is that on performance, I'd consider the suspension "soft" which, I know, is the intent of Tesla because those who want a car that insulates them from the road far out number those who want to feel it. BUT there are different strokes for different folks so I'll get to my question
    ... is there a Tesla-approved or non Tesla-considered (that would not invalidate the warranty) way to adjust the suspension to make it stiffer for the twisties?

I just cross posted this question in the Model S forum as well (here)
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...918#post244918
    Last edited by DrTaras; 2013-01-03 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added
    Over 150,000 page views of "The Hun!" Model S Xformation before there were any!

Roadster #1453, Sig #26
    Items for Sale
    Just read thru this whole thread and very helpful as I get my 2.5 sport delivered in about a week, after spending almost 5 years and +28k miles in my 1.5 non-sport. Can't wait to have a car with a decent suspension that I can tune, the 1.5 is awful, springs that are too soft and dampers that are too harsh, this going to be fun and you guys have helped me with a base setting, thanks.

I already posted in an older thread, but this one seems to have more useful information. I just had an alignment done. Actually, my second - the first was to get more negative camber in the rear and replace the control arm bushings with polyurethane instead of rubber. That made a big improvement in handling. I just had V2 steering arms installed to get more negative camber in the front. Here's where it ended up:

Name:  Alignment-20140708.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  106.9 KB

I haven't had a chance to test this setup, but it looks pretty close to richkae's.

Should I be worried about my slightly out of spec cross-caster?
    Roadster V2.5: Thunder Grey, Premium seats, Adjustable Suspension, Infotainment, Solar Windshield, Paint Armor, Leather interior, painted hardtop.
    Aftermarket: Rear Camber plates, Urethane rear control bushings, V2 arms, J1772 CAN, Mower Axle license plate bracket, Alpine INE-W927HD, Custom Paint Armor wrap, Carbon Fiber door sills, CF Wrapped steering wheel & center button surround, Taylor Mesh Top, Duplicolor MS300 Retro Red Metal Flake painted T emblem and TESLA rear lettering

Thread Information