Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Never underestimate the Model S's cargo capacity...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wk057

Former Tesla Tinkerer
Feb 23, 2014
X
So, was driving around after dinner... stopped at Office Max. Ended up picking up a desk set. No problem, Model S has more than enough room.

Needed a few things from Home Depot. No problem. Well, went a little overboard at Home Depot. My fiance and I started agreeing on things (imagine that!) and grabbed two+ carts worth of stuff.. light fixtures, LED bulbs, etc.

Came time to load up the Model S. Hmm.... gonna be tight. I already loaded the desk over top of the floor storage area in the trunk unfortunately, so that was inaccessible.

Loaded some lights and bags in the frunk. Perfect.

Huge light in the back, check!

Finally left looking like this with all of the cargo and my fiance in the passenger seat (with a box on her lap):

2014-08-06 22.04.58-edit-web.jpg

2014-08-06 22.05.08-web.jpg

2014-08-06 22.05.21-web.jpg

(She didn't want me putting her face on a forum, so...)

Here is everything unloaded...
2014-08-06 22.24.18-web.jpg

So yeah... moral: never underestimate the cargo capacity of the Model S.

Two people, all of that cargo...

So, was driving around after dinner... stopped at Office Max. Ended up picking up a desk set. No problem, Model S has more than enough room.

Needed a few things from Home Depot. No problem. Well, went a little overboard at Home Depot. My fiance and I started agreeing on things (imagine that!) and grabbed two+ carts worth of stuff.. light fixtures, LED bulbs, etc.

Came time to load up the Model S. Hmm.... gonna be tight. I already loaded the desk over top of the floor storage area in the trunk unfortunately, so that was inaccessible.

Loaded some lights and bags in the frunk. Perfect.

Huge light in the back, check!

Finally left looking like this with all of the cargo and my fiance in the passenger seat (with a box on her lap):

View attachment 55788
View attachment 55789
View attachment 55790

(She didn't want me putting her face on a forum, so...)

Here is everything unloaded...
View attachment 55791

So yeah... moral: never underestimate the cargo capacity of the Model S.

Two people, all of that cargo...

Awesome on the storage. Will share with my friend. She was looking at SUVs and mentioned she was worried about the space. I was telling her that the MS competes with many mini vans on storage... so just imagine what Model X will have for storage. Storage is one of her top priorities.

On a side note, I can't find it in your sig. But all that blue lighting in the car looks great. Is that the premium lighting package? I got this and haven't seen an example of it anywhere.