Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hong Kong: Tesla Motors App for iPhone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DITB

Charged.hk co-founder
Nov 13, 2012
Hong Kong
So when do they plan on releasing the app? Cars have been out for weeks, the app has been out for more than a year in other markets.

Free
Category: Lifestyle
Updated: Jun 06, 2014
Version: 1.2.2
Size: 17.9 MB
Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
Seller: Tesla Motors Inc
© 2012 Tesla Motors, Inc.
Rated 4+

Tesla Model S on the App Store on iTunes

Click the "View in iTunes" and it still says

The item you've requested is not currently available in the Hong Kong Store, but it is available in the U.S. Store. Click Change Store to view this item.

Kind if ridiculous. Hit the button in iTunes connect and it becomes available in all stores worldwide. I really don't see why they have to restrict it thus. It is a free app anyway, so anyone can download it from US store.

Kind if ridiculous. Hit the button in iTunes connect and it becomes available in all stores worldwide. I really don't see why they have to restrict it thus. It is a free app anyway, so anyone can download it from US store.

Yes, I have it on my old 3Gs which I use for backup and overseas sim cards when traveling. WHY it's not in the HK store, weeks after the delivery of the first cars - is inexcusable. Often this is also the case with other localised apps - like a transport information app for some country. Foreigners cannot get the "when does the next train leave" app as some bureaucrats assume everyone who uses the train has local phones. Who cars what shop you have, if you make a free app, or paid for that sake, why restrict it to a certain local market only?

Tesla App - no linked cars.png

This is how it looks like from my 3Gs, using an overseas account. My HK iTunes won't accept it though, on my iPhone 5S.

Come one Tesla Motors, stop the excuses please, my BS detector is being overloaded!

Last edited:
Tried using the US app on iPhone 5, couldn't connect. Tried the beta Android app on Nexus7, haven't verified all functions but seems working fine for me...

Still my primary mobile device is the iPhone so I guess patience is the answer...

UPDATE: US app seem to be working fine now, you just need a US Apple ID

Last edited:
23/7-14: First Model S cars delivered in Hong Kong

11/8-14: First day where the Tesla Motors Inc app is working in Hong Kong (can be installed, using a Hong Kong iTunes account).

As far as I understand, you have to take delivery of your car first, and accept the delivery, then wait two days before the app is active.

Too bad you cannot track the car while it is in transit!