Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pasadena Area Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

My wife and I will be in Pasadena this Friday evening from about 6:30pm - 10:30pm probably attending a concert at the Rose Bowl. I am looking for a place to charge during the concert, (not a problem to pay for use) and I always love meeting fellow Tesla owners, so I was wondering if any of you that live in the area would be open to that.

My thought process is that I'll come from Vegas (where I live), stop in Barstow, come to your charger, meet a new Tesla owner, take an Uber / Cab to the Rose Bowl and then come back, chat a bit, and be on my way. I'm also happy to return the favor if anyone needs a spot to charge in Henderson, NV (suburb of Las Vegas).

Hello All,

My wife and I will be in Pasadena this Friday evening from about 6:30pm - 10:30pm probably attending a concert at the Rose Bowl. I am looking for a place to charge during the concert, (not a problem to pay for use) and I always love meeting fellow Tesla owners, so I was wondering if any of you that live in the area would be open to that.

My thought process is that I'll come from Vegas (where I live), stop in Barstow, come to your charger, meet a new Tesla owner, take an Uber / Cab to the Rose Bowl and then come back, chat a bit, and be on my way. I'm also happy to return the favor if anyone needs a spot to charge in Henderson, NV (suburb of Las Vegas).

Another option is the many J1772 chargers in Pasadena at their public parking lots. Also, on Plugshare there is someone who listed their J1772 really close to the Stadium....

Just a thought.

Another option is the many J1772 chargers in Pasadena at their public parking lots. Also, on Plugshare there is someone who listed their J1772 really close to the Stadium....

Just a thought.
Lol, we think alike. I went on plugshare and saw those J1772, and I figured if I only end up at the concert for 3 hours, I'll probably only get 50-60 miles of range in that time so I might not have enough to get back to Barstow. I also chatted with a couple of the people who have home chargers and they said either they weren't gonna be home or that the chargers were always full.

@Hussain: You're welcome at my place on Friday. I'm about a 7-8 mi drive to Rose Bowl (back side of the same hill). Also on Plugshare. Only 32A tho since I'm on a 40-amp breaker. PM me if you're interested. We've Uber'd to/from our house many times. No worries if you opt for something closer.
If you get a pretty full charge in Barstow on the way out you should only need about 2 hours juice to give you enough cushion to get back. It's only 110 mi. Also, the Schoolhouse parking lot on Union in Pasadena always has at least a couple of open J1772s on Friday night. They're mostly used in the daytime.
Eminem or Rihanna?

it's actually not very bad to go to Hawthorne from Pasadena. Mostly downhill - very few rated miles.
This would've worked if I were staying in LA, but were driving back right after the concert, so I would prefer to have the car charged up and ready to drive back to Barstow.

I bought the tickets for her birthday (Aug 4), and she's in medical school and we didn't know her schedule back when I bought them. Her fav two artists are Eminem / Rihanna so it's perfect for her. I really like Eminem and Rihanna's pretty good too so should be a good time, I haven't seen either of them before, wife's been to Rihanna before and loved it.

@Hussain: You're welcome at my place on Friday. I'm about a 7-8 mi drive to Rose Bowl (back side of the same hill). Also on Plugshare. Only 32A tho since I'm on a 40-amp breaker. PM me if you're interested. We've Uber'd to/from our house many times. No worries if you opt for something closer.
If you get a pretty full charge in Barstow on the way out you should only need about 2 hours juice to give you enough cushion to get back. It's only 110 mi. Also, the Schoolhouse parking lot on Union in Pasadena always has at least a couple of open J1772s on Friday night. They're mostly used in the daytime.
Eminem or Rihanna?

That'd be awesome. I have you and another member you PM'd me. You both ironically like 8-9 miles away and both have 30A-32A service. I read that you wrote I should only need about two hours juice to get back. I'm not sure how long my car will be parked since the concert starts at 7:30, means I'll probably be at the charging location at 7 at the latest and I'm guessing the concert ends about 10:30? Purely speculating, I'll have to google some of their other shows.

I was in LA two weekends ago at a funeral, unfortunately, and when I left the service I saw I had about 129 miles RR left, and only needed 104 to get to Barstow, but I had a full car and didn't want to chance it, especially with my lead foot, so I stopped at SJC, I'm glad I did because I charged up to 220 mi RR, and got to barstow with only 40 miles RR IIRC. How many miles / hour would you guess the 32A does?

That'd be awesome. I have you and another member you PM'd me. You both ironically like 8-9 miles away and both have 30A-32A service. I read that you wrote I should only need about two hours juice to get back. I'm not sure how long my car will be parked since the concert starts at 7:30, means I'll probably be at the charging location at 7 at the latest and I'm guessing the concert ends about 10:30? Purely speculating, I'll have to google some of their other shows.
...How many miles / hour would you guess the 32A does?
I get about 20 mph since the Voltage is in the low 230's at the plug. For the Rose Bowl, figure it may be 11p by the time you walk out. Even with the the Uber, plan for a long walk. Wife may want to avoid heels or bring slip-ons for the walk to your seat and back.
Traffic on concert nights is nuts. It will be a slow ride at 7pm for 7:30 concert with these artists.
You may have to guide the driver to take back streets. Of course the arriving late and leaving early is the LA way at all events!

I wanted to say thanks again to Sparky, everything went very well. We got to the concert at the perfect time, lights went down and Eminem was being introduced. It's so nice to have this community, I'd love to return the favor to anyone who needs it.

I wanted to say thanks again to Sparky, everything went very well. We got to the concert at the perfect time, lights went down and Eminem was being introduced. It's so nice to have this community, I'd love to return the favor to anyone who needs it.
Our pleasure Hussain, anytime. You and your wife set a high bar for plug-sharers; bringing apple pie and a bottle of wine. But, it has been my experience that this Tesla community errs on the side of thoughtfulness.