Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would these Carbon brakes work on the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure it would fit or not...but it would cool if it would.

I have carbon ceramics on my GT-R and love them. They are a big big upgrade. They bite even when cold, never fade...and if street driven can last the life of the car. They even grip hard in the wet! (track duty in heavy rain with the GT-R).

The GT-R is HEAVY and is hard on the brakes, while the Roadster is heavy, the big unknown is if the size of the rotors can handle the heat generated.

Most of the time again for street driving it won't be a big deal but if you track it.. it might.

Remember that an iron rotor is the heat sink but for a ceramic, it has to lose it more to air...the higher the temp the rotor/caliper goes, you start to lose the life of the rotor and brake pad.

Also, unlike a standard iron rotor, you don't measure the life of the rotor (necessarily) by the remaining width of the carbon rotor, but on it's weight (loss).

- - - Updated - - -

I think the biggest benefit would be unsprung weight.

Other wise upgrading calipers, pads and iron rotors would be the most economical bang for the buck