Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculation: I can't wait to see the Model X this week...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do you think you're going to see it this week? No media event or reservation event has been announced.

- - - Updated - - -

... and once they do show it, things like interior options won't yet be fully defined (if the past is anything to go on).

I imagine OP is referencing the statement in Q2 report that Model X alphas will be ready "next week". Of course, that's no guarantee that there will be any public showing of the alpha units. Might be a lot of testing on closed course before any official unveiling. But, anything done outdoors is subject to spy photos ....

*Exterior* wood paneling...

(I was trying to caricature all the speculation that becomes expectation going on. Maybe too subtle this time, sorry feel free to move to "Failed Attempts at Humour" . And I know better than to reply with a "we all got invited, didn't you?!" . Peace.)

Exterior, interior ... those options are unlikely to be out there.

And while YOU may get the humor, do you know how many people are frothing at the mouth just waiting for any information on the X? Hah! Everytime I hear one bit of info from someone, it dials up my excitement. As I said over in the investor forum, by the time I get Sig #2, they're going to have to deal with this:

You didn't get an invite?

Last edited by a moderator:
And while YOU may get the humor, do you know how many people are frothing at the mouth just waiting for any information on the X? Hah! Everytime I hear one bit of info from someone, it dials up my excitement. As I said over in the investor forum, by the time I get Sig #2, they're going to have to deal with this:

You are going to drive to a gas station? Bonnie the Model X is 100% electric. :)

Exterior, interior ... those options are unlikely to be out there.

You didn't get an invite?

I picture this being you Bonnie :)

- - - Updated - - -

And Bob will be Elon :)

Can I kiss you.... I will never wash my lips again! hahahahaha! Too funny :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There was lots of discussion in a different thread (couldn't find it, I read too many threads here :smile:) concerning the conference call comment about the Model X alpha prototype being ready about now. They are having a Tesla test drive event in Pasadena at 10am today. I'll be there with camera in tow, just in case it happens to be there. The Pasadena store isn't quite ready just yet, the sign is up, the drywall is up, and they are finishing the interior.

If the Alpha Model X is at the Pasadena event, I promise to fill my entire 64GB memory card with pictures of it. I know you all are foaming at the mouth in anticipation... :wink:.

RT

I would suggest folks in CA have smartphone cameras and regular cameras always at the ready between now and the end of the year when on trips up and down the state, stopping at all the SuperChargers.

Thing about even a Model X, it's gonna need electrons. And it's gonna stop at a SuperCharger. You just know it -- someone's gonna snap a photo soon.

So keep on the lookout!

There was lots of discussion in a different thread (couldn't find it, I read too many threads here :smile:) concerning the conference call comment about the Model X alpha prototype being ready about now. They are having a Tesla test drive event in Pasadena at 10am today. I'll be there with camera in tow, just in case it happens to be there. The Pasadena store isn't quite ready just yet, the sign is up, the drywall is up, and they are finishing the interior.

If the Alpha Model X is at the Pasadena event, I promise to fill my entire 64GB memory card with pictures of it. I know you all are foaming at the mouth in anticipation... :wink:.

RT

I'm guessing the first public showing won't be a store drive event. But I hope you're not disappointed. :)

No model X, just a couple 85 versions. I found out some additional information about the Pasadena store, and will post it in the store thread. BTW, nicest bunch of employees anyone could hope for. Very knowledgable and motivated. I told one of them that he was working for the right company. He agreed and said he knew that was the case :wink:.

RT

P.S. Bonnie of you get as excited as Crazy Laura when you get your X, I want to see that video too....