Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket paint armor recommendations: Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

Let me start by apologizing if I managed to put this post in the completely wrong spot.

I am to get a black Model S delivered in the (near) future and am thinking of getting an aftermarket paint armor applied. I have had black cars forever but feel that the more recent ones I owned showed much more paint wear much faster with the same treatment that my previous cars got. Trying to prevent that from happening again!

Do you have a recommendation for a good paint armor in general that works well with the Model S and maybe even know of a shop in Switzerland that offers to apply it?

Thanks! :)

Hi!

Let me start by apologizing if I managed to put this post in the completely wrong spot.

I am to get a black Model S delivered in the (near) future and am thinking of getting an aftermarket paint armor applied. I have had black cars forever but feel that the more recent ones I owned showed much more paint wear much faster with the same treatment that my previous cars got. Trying to prevent that from happening again!

Do you have a recommendation for a good paint armor in general that works well with the Model S and maybe even know of a shop in Switzerland that offers to apply it?

Thanks! :)

Congrats on your order! Please take some time to peruse/search these forums and also use www.volkerize.com to search the 'official' TM forums. You will find lots of useful information on paint protection, coatings, wraps/films, etc. IMHO you are wise to consider some type of paint protection. FWIW, I got OptiCoat Pro (ceramic based clear coat) and am happy. Can't help you with dealers in your area, but you can also do a web search on a particular product's site for licensed installers/detailers.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the update, JPP! After doing some searching OptiCoat seems to be used/recommended by many. I have now found a local shop that has successfully treated 15 Model S so far and offered me a mix of Teflon based armor with added liquid glass coating in the most sensitive/exposed parts (the front area and side mirrors). I think I'll try that!

Thanks for the update, JPP! After doing some searching OptiCoat seems to be used/recommended by many. I have now found a local shop that has successfully treated 15 Model S so far and offered me a mix of Teflon based armor with added liquid glass coating in the most sensitive/exposed parts (the front area and side mirrors). I think I'll try that!

What is nice about OptiCoat Pro vs. the 'consumer' version is that the Pro is more viscous and cooks off faster, so that your detailer can lay on a thicker coat at impact areas.

Ask if your detailer deinstalls the wheels and OptiCoats all sides...really helps keep the wheels cleaner. Yes, do the glass and plastic (headlight/taillight lenses) too...

FWIW, I did not OptiCoat my interior (leather). I don't have children, don't eat in the car, and have black, so less likely to get stained.