Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passenger Door Slight Vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a problem, but I have a question about what this could be. I was at a car event and a guy got in my car who says he tests turbines for a living. Putting his hand on the turbine is one way he can tell if there are issues. Even before he sat down, he put his hand on the open passenger side door and asked what the vibration he was feeling was. I said it was probably just the fans from the AC, but I turned them off, and the vibration persisted. I shut the driver's side door, and it immediate stopped. If I opened the driver's side door, the vibration in the passenger side door started again. Ideas? I assume it has to be the passenger side door actuator but what is it doing when the passenger side door is open and the driver's side door is closed?

This isn't a noise you can hear, but you can feel it if you put your hand on the top of the door (the window was down). Does anyone else's car do this? Theories?

Not a problem, but I have a question about what this could be. I was at a car event and a guy got in my car who says he tests turbines for a living. Putting his hand on the turbine is one way he can tell if there are issues. Even before he sat down, he put his hand on the open passenger side door and asked what the vibration he was feeling was. I said it was probably just the fans from the AC, but I turned them off, and the vibration persisted. I shut the driver's side door, and it immediate stopped. If I opened the driver's side door, the vibration in the passenger side door started again. Ideas? I assume it has to be the passenger side door actuator but what is it doing when the passenger side door is open and the driver's side door is closed?

This isn't a noise you can hear, but you can feel it if you put your hand on the top of the door (the window was down). Does anyone else's car do this? Theories?

Are you sure it could not be one of the 3 pumps for cooling (...not just the passenger compartment but also the pack/drive unit)? I know that these can go on/off at different times based upon doors open/closed as well as other parameters. Another thought is that when you open a door the window motor runs the window down a bit. Could the window motor be running/idling (...doubt it) when the window drops a bit, then when the door is closed and the window runs to the stop, it stops??? Care to do some testing??

He sounds spooky. Does he see dead people too?