Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster Travels 313 Miles on a Single Charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow that's great news and it sure seems to be credible. The whole "not in the US so it's not real" may be a bit of a hurdle but I'm sure more of these records will come.

Last edited:
"Emilis and I have decades of experience flying gliders competitively and we applied the same energy conservation techniques to our driving, with significant results!

This quote was rather amusing. I am not sure how you would apply the the ability to locate updrafts and best utilization of ridge lift to driving the Roadster. :wink:

But the practice of keeping the optimum speed nailed down would probably be a plus.

Are we sure there was a passenger or was the co-driver was riding in the support vehicle. Was the roof on? Windows up? AC?

This is an economy challenge so the record was achieved with two people, Simon and Emilis, roof on, windows up and AC off!
The temperatures earlier in the event were 41 degrees C (106 Degrees F) and almost certainly hotter inside the car!:eek:
The temperature on the day of the record was slightly lower around the high 30's C or 90 to 100 deg F.