Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My house shows up on buddies tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my buddy and I both have model s. On my screen I see the greyed charge icon (in my car). I thought it was because I have charged it there.

My buddies car, never had been charged at my house, has same grey icon over my house! How is that possible.

I can't see his house from my car.

So my buddy and I both have model s. On my screen I see the greyed charge icon (in my car). I thought it was because I have charged it there.

My buddies car, never had been charged at my house, has same grey icon over my house! How is that possible.

How close are your houses? I have a bunch of charging markers in the vicinity of my house, apparently because the software chooses to record them regardless of the precision of the GPS fix.

Was his car a loaner purchase? If so, until recent firmware, loaners automatically added folks' homes to the "charged here" flag.