Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys

I am a hard core Tesla fan. I have few questions:

a. If I buy a used MS (60 kWh) from a dealer (I have one sitting in dealership at 16K miles) can I call Tesla and purchase an extended warranty? How much does it cost?

b. Is it safe to buy from dealership out of state? What are the caveats? I ran the VIN but it pulls out a different Model S with 85kWh battery pack and configurations and When I contacted the dealer they told me that it was a clerical error and sent me the Title and the original Car Fax.

c. I have an excellent credit score and is 1.99% lowest for a 60 or 72 month?

Please let me know guys. I appreciate your help.

Excited to get my TESLA but worried about buying out of state.

Thanks

I would contact Tesla directly about "a" via e-mail before purchasing the vehicle. If possible, I would ask to buy it *with* the vehicle so it's an all-at-once purchase removing any risk of "oh, we were incorrect" after you buy the vehicle.

Also, if you're willing - can you post the first 10 digits of the VIN you were given? And was it a clerical error that they gave you the wrong VIN, or that the VIN and car specs are mismatched?

i would contact tesla directly about "a" via e-mail before purchasing the vehicle. If possible, i would ask to buy it *with* the vehicle so it's an all-at-once purchase removing any risk of "oh, we were incorrect" after you buy the vehicle.

Also, if you're willing - can you post the first 10 digits of the vin you were given? And was it a clerical error that they gave you the wrong vin, or that the vin and car specs are mismatched?

5yjsa1cg3d

Hi Guys

a. If I buy a used MS (60 kWh) from a dealer (I have one sitting in dealership at 16K miles) can I call Tesla and purchase an extended warranty? How much does it cost?

b. Is it safe to buy from dealership out of state? What are the caveats? I ran the VIN but it pulls out a different Model S with 85kWh battery pack and configurations and When I contacted the dealer they told me that it was a clerical error and sent me the Title and the original Car Fax.

Thanks

For "b" just be careful that you don't end up with a situation like this one:

Suspicous Listing

For "b" just be careful that you don't end up with a situation like this one:

Suspicous Listing

I did check with that state DMV and found the dealer is listed with active license.

They have active website.

Is there something else I need to check?

I called TESLA and they told me they will offer extended warranty on a used car sitting at a dealership as long as the title is not SALVAGED.

I did check with that state DMV and found the dealer is listed with active license.

They have active website.

Is there something else I need to check?

I called TESLA and they told me they will offer extended warranty on a used car sitting at a dealership as long as the title is not SALVAGED.

If you can go and see the car in person, do that. At least that way you have seen what you are paying for.

Be creative. Is it located in a place where a TMC member lives? I'm sure there are some who would be happy to check it out for you. Failing that, ask for a picture you send and the car together.

There are probably other ways to improve your confidence in the sale as well.
Yeah, agreed. Somebody on this board has to live near wherever that vehicle is.

Hi Guys

Thanks

For C, try Alliant : Auto | Vehicle | Loans | Alliant Credit Union

Yeah, agreed. Somebody on this board has to live near wherever that vehicle is.

Thanks a lot guys. I love to be part of this TESLA family.

Here are the details:

Black 60kWh
Black Paint
Panoramic Roof
19" Wheels
Textile seats
Piano Black Decor Accents
Smart Air suspension
Supercharging enabled
Single Charger

Does anybody live in Midland, Michigan?

Can somebody check it out for me please?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and pay through an escrow service. Many dealers who sell through the Internet are used to doing business this way.

Thanks for the advice. Can you please let me know more about this escrow? Is it much safe than asking Credit Union paying the dealer? Can you please send me a link?

I appreciate your help.

Here's one escrow service. It's not a recommendation. It looks like it would cost roughly $600 to use them: Escrow.com

The thing about escrow is that the seller doesn't get the money until you get the car. I can't see any fraudulent seller agreeing to an escrow.

If this transaction doesn't work, keep looking. There is a new used Tesla listed for sale every week or so in the DFW area. What you're looking for is bound to come up.

Is this a good deal ?

Here's one escrow service. It's not a recommendation. It looks like it would cost roughly $600 to use them: Escrow.com

The thing about escrow is that the seller doesn't get the money until you get the car. I can't see any fraudulent seller agreeing to an escrow.

If this transaction doesn't work, keep looking. There is a new used Tesla listed for sale every week or so in the DFW area. What you're looking for is bound to come up.

I did receive bunch of pictures with VIN from the dealer

Also I received the recent TESLA service with VIN and name of the service advisor. Please see attached.

Is this a good deal?

2013 60kWh
Black Paint
Textile seats
Air suspension
Super charged enabled
Pano roof

Asking price $64500.

Attachments

• DSC_0789.JPG
    DSC_0789.JPG
    916.7 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC_0790.JPG
    DSC_0790.JPG
    849.7 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC_0794.JPG
    DSC_0794.JPG
    907.3 KB · Views: 159
Is this a good deal?

2013 60kWh
Black Paint
Textile seats
Air suspension
Super charged enabled
Pano roof

Asking price $64500.
I can't comment on the deal aspect, as I haven't been watching used prices closely but I do have an observation that might be useful.

Some (including myself) on the forum, have a strong feeling about the tech package -- meaning it's the first option that they add to the vehicle, unless absolutely trying to get the lowest possible price. In fact, at one of the stores in CA I was told point blank "I won't sell a car without the Tech package." Some consider it "something that shouldn't have been an option; but rather should have been in the base offering". Not everybody feels that way, but you need to find out if it's important to you.

I can't comment on the deal aspect, as I haven't been watching used prices closely but I do have an observation that might be useful.

Some (including myself) on the forum, have a strong feeling about the tech package -- meaning it's the first option that they add to the vehicle, unless absolutely trying to get the lowest possible price. In fact, at one of the stores in CA I was told point blank "I won't sell a car without the Tech package." Some consider it "something that shouldn't have been an option; but rather should have been in the base offering". Not everybody feels that way, but you need to find out if it's important to you.

I agree I would like tech package but this is a price where I feel comfy....