Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firefly Space Systems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firefly Space Systems

Apparently one of the main engineers from SpaceX left and founded his own company. Their goal is to fill the market for a cheap launch vehicle (8-9 million) for small payloads (100kg) and then a second vehicle for one size larger (1,000kg). They also mentioned the prospect of re-usability and I find their engine design intriguing, since it goes against the conventional engine design.

The CEO was apparently one of the lead designers of the Falcon rockets. I don't know if, since the new Falcon 9 is a redesign, they are still drawing from his work. But I am excited to see more work being done on the re-usability front from someone other than just SpaceX and Elon Musk.

Since their emblem is actually a firefly, maybe none? They could claim that it has no connection.

It is hard to trademark an animal... although Apple comes close with their whole fruit thing, and then they went and attacked some food delivery company for having an apple as their logo... how does that happen?

But, I like it, and I hope they make a Serenity rocket :)

Since their emblem is actually a firefly, maybe none? They could claim that it has no connection.

It is hard to trademark an animal... although Apple comes close with their whole fruit thing, and then they went and attacked some food delivery company for having an apple as their logo... how does that happen?

But, I like it, and I hope they make a Serenity rocket :)

True, I doubt Allied Spacecraft is likely to make an issue of it. And they're only on model alpha - a series 3 (!) is way off.
:cool: