Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Work in progress] Android OVMS Widgets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I would like to contribute to the Android OVMS app by supplying some widgets.
I'm thinking of making widgets like:

VDS-style temperature bars:
- PEM
- Motor
- Battery

Battery load/capacity bar
Current speed
Ideal range
Estimated range

That way people can monitor the car from their phone's start screen, or even from their SmartWatch if needed.
What do you guys think?

Prototype image:
View attachment 55592

Edit: the easiest way to get this kind of information in a widget would be by having Tasker get the information from the Openvehicles page.
2nd easiest way would be to allow Tasker interaction from OVMS.

Edit 2:

I started working on the Widget first. The "intelligence" behind this will come as soon as I have my OVMS installed in the car. In the mean time, I'm killing some spare time designing this widget.
Here's version 0.001 in Zooper Widget, based on the VDS design. It's using phone battery data to try this out:

6gbgJ1c.jpg

More to come!
Feel free to post some ideas!

Todo list:
- Have Tasker get information from openvehicles website and update widget.
- Improve widget design
- Show charging status
- Different widget sizes
- Different widget designs (minimalistic, colorful, Tesla-like etc).
- Additional widget for current speed
- Sony Smartwatch SW2 Support

Last edited:
Update: All the neccesary graphs and data are in place. Tonight I will install my OVMS, and tomorrow I will try to get the data to the widgets. If this is succesful, I will release the first beta version of this widget so people here can start testing it.
aebkEJX.jpg

Update:

It was quite a hassle to do with cookies and authentication, but Tasker is getting the data. Now all I need to do is parse the data and put it out to the widget, and then it's done for public use!

update 2:
It's working!
Feel free to post comments on the design and requests for added features.
R1qUkp7.jpg

Last edited: